Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy Tab - BETA

Tip us?

bombarder
Old
(Last edited by bombarder; 12th May 2011 at 06:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there, please help me with verizon bootstrapper, I bought it on market, start it, then make reboot, start clockworkmod v 3.0.0, what should I do next to make xt4 formated?Should I pull out sd card from tab before formating?thanks

TheGrammarFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 685
Oh for the love of God let this thread die.

The software here is not Beta, it is broken.

Verizon users, use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=941781
Nexus 4, CM11 M series
Nexus 7 (2013), CM11 M series
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGrammarFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siacotos
Old
Thanks Meter 3
in the instructions to the link you provided it says to do what is listed at the beginning of this thread. but i have a question. i have a uscc tab flashed with verizon restore method, can i treat it as if it were a verzion? and where do i find the kernel and image file? the links at the beginning are dead.

ayalah1986
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is there any updated links?

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App

siacotos
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i found some links on page 50

pendevous
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrammarFreak View Post
Oh for the love of God let this thread die.

The software here is not Beta, it is broken.

Verizon users, use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=941781
I think I have to quote this again so some people will read it more.

Better yet, with the new gb firmware and chainfire's cf-root, this thread just lost a lot of its value. I think it would be better to close it.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
Keep on smiling, and keep on improving.

extremx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamodogg View Post
Strange issue.. I have tried to find this exact issue, but I can't find it.. I'm sure its out there just nothing coming from my search strings/and looking through similar issues.

VZW Tab. I installed the bootstrap thing.. then flashed recovery with ROM Manager. Now I am stuck with a battery symbol (empty battery).

When I hook it up to the PC and hold vol up.. it just loops to this.. no "SAMSUNG" nothing.

vol down gives me the "Downloading"

So.. what is the fix for this or did I mess something up?

I have the Modaco rom zip'd up.

1st one with easy answer 5.00 to your paypal. Please post answer here for posterity.
I am having this same issue, but did not see a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TheGrammarFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremx View Post
I am having this same issue, but did not see a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If you can get to Download mode (that "Downloading" thing) then flash a working kernel using Heimdall. Assume you're using a VZW Tab then look for a kernel by Boushh (oh hell, I looked for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=941781). There are instructions in the first post on flashing the kernel using Heimdall. This will give you a partly bootable system with ClockworkMOD. Once there, look for a custom ROM for VZW Tabs
Nexus 4, CM11 M series
Nexus 7 (2013), CM11 M series
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGrammarFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

extremx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrammarFreak View Post
If you can get to Download mode (that "Downloading" thing) then flash a working kernel using Heimdall. Assume you're using a VZW Tab then look for a kernel by Boushh (oh hell, I looked for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=941781). There are instructions in the first post on flashing the kernel using Heimdall. This will give you a partly bootable system with ClockworkMOD. Once there, look for a custom ROM for VZW Tabs
I can indeed get to download mode! Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

extremx
Old
(Last edited by extremx; 8th June 2011 at 08:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremx View Post
I can indeed get to download mode! Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
So at this point, i use heimdall to flash the KhasMek.Voodoo.plus.CDMA.Tab.v4.OC.zImage to Kernel and Recovery. It reboots and chills at the samsung screen. If i power cycle at that point it goes back to the non-animated battery screen again.

(i originaly flashed the KhasMek.Voodoo.plus.CDMA.Tab.v4.OC.zImage using SGS)

Thanks,

*edit: SO i used the zImage from the v5 .zip, and now its talking to me telling me its convering. So i think i'm good at this point. If not i will be back