Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom boot screen question.

Tip us?

draco259
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Custom boot screen question.

OK I am sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it. I have DJ05 and the Stupidfast kernel. I know it has a custom boot screen but it doesnt show up. I think i am supposed to have a bootanimation.zip in the system folder but I cant figure out how.

Thanks for the help.

martian21
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco259 View Post
OK I am sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it. I have DJ05 and the Stupidfast kernel. I know it has a custom boot screen but it doesnt show up. I think i am supposed to have a bootanimation.zip in the system folder but I cant figure out how.

Thanks for the help.
For some reason custom Bootanimations are not working in Stupidfast 1.95. Seeing the Verizon logo on bootup made me throw up a little in my month.

Martian21

Neuman.Tim
Old
Thanks Meter 101
There is a stupid fast 1.96 in rom manager right now. Before I went oc voodoo again it was supporting custom boot anims.

SCH-I500 - DJ05/SuperClean .7/Nemesis OTB 1200lv/Voodoo5/Darkstar

draco259
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
None of the stupid fast kernels have for me. I am using 1.97 currenty. I see the samsung logo then the screen goes black but ?I still here the boot tone.

Falcyn
Old
(Last edited by Falcyn; 14th December 2010 at 08:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Have you actually installed a custom boot animation? Those kernels merely add support for custom animations; they don't come with one.

Many ROMs, on the other hand, do come with custom boot animations, and you can also find boot animations to manually install in various places online and in ROM Manager.

Oh, and FYI, StupidFast 1.97 is the latest version and is available both in ROM Manager and at http://totalnerdity.com/sf/.
The Following User Says Thank You to Falcyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

draco259
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Oh im sorry, I was mistaken. I thought that stupid fast came with a custom boot animation. Thanks for clearing that up .