UPDATE 12/15/10 - Version 1.2
* Modified Droid X Multitouch Keyboard
* Working Google Talk
UPDATE 12/13/10 - Version 1.1
* YouTube would sometimes fail to install because the package manager was not running
* Device might reboot in the middle of the script leaving the process incomplete
I wrote a linux script that will automatically do the following:
* Enable APK installs directly on the device
* Enable Live Wallpapers
* Enable Multitouch for certain apps (Google Maps, etc)
* Download and extract the Google Apps (Market, Gmail, etc) to the proper place on your NC and set permissions
* Download and install Youtube
* Edit build.prop and packages.xml to enable Gmail and Market, and Talk
* Generate an AndroidId for the Market. The Android emulator is no longer required.
* Modify the fingerprint of your device to emulate a Verizon Droid Eris running Android 2.1. This will let you access protected apps in the Market that would be otherwise hidden. (SlingPlayer is one)
* Already nootered and have Superuser
This script is intended automate much of the process after the first two requirements are met. I recommend a complete wipe, followed by nooter and z4root and then my script last.
If you are using a version of the SDK older than r08 (Android 2.3) make sure to open the script in a text editor and follow the instructions at the top.
You will need to connect the NookColor via USB. Be sure to eject both the 4gb internal partition (/media) and the sdcard from your OS before running my script!
From a terminal, cd to your adb directory and run these commands:
chmod +x NookColor-Config
Gmail and the Android Market should work.