[APP][PROJ][12/14/2010] Just Music - Update: Im still here, just with family atm.
I've tried so many music apps for android, yet I keep running back to my Zune80 to play music. I do this because it is just a better experience for playing music. The problem with this is I have to carry both my Vibrant and my Zune. So I started working on a simplistic music app called Just Music(working name, not final).
I know im like the first dev that does an eta, w/e.
- Albino should be ready for release mid Q1 2011. Thats like end of Jan beginning of Feb.
- Blanket and "Thats Crazy Town" are minor updates. The should be about 2 weeks after Albino. So Albino comes out, 2 weeks later Blanket, then 2 weeks after Blanket comes "Thats Crazy Town".
- ETA's and features are subject to change at will.
- Betas/Nightlys will be available exclusively at my web site. actual release will be on market.
- Overall: 1%
- Buttons: 95%
- General Layout: 85%
Multi Touch Gestures:
- Navigation Gestures: 100%
- Music Playback: 100%
- izak at whoatech dot com
- Gui Design
- Gui Coding
Looking for 2 coders:
- 1 back end performance
- 1 multi touch gesture work
- Both need experience and need to be able to prove it with samples
How You Can Help:
- Look at Project Needs
- Donate, this is a labor of love, but it doesn't fund the Dr. Peppers that keep me going during late nights.
- Come up with ideas / app functionality that needs to be added, remember, it only plays music for now.
- Comment on new images and give me some constructive feed back.
- Fix my typos. I suck at spelling/grammar so don't flame me for some minor errors.
- Started working on the XML GUI in Eclipse. Have the Artist View about 20% done.
- Hope to have a non-music playing version out in about 3 weeks with a fully working demo GUI.
- I'm visiting my GF this week end, then going home to my family for Xmas, I hope y'all understand if I don't do many updates for the next 2 weeks. Will have some good stuff in the new year.
- I'll still be working on the app during this time, its just that my attention is going to the people close to me and not the app for the next 2 weeks.
- Marry Xmas, Happy New Year, and God Bless.
- Moved QnA to post 4
- Add the Roadmap to Post 3
- Added ETA's Section to Post 1
- Added 5 more pics of the Now Playing Screen.
- Moved gallery to post #2
- Moved QnA to post #3
- Added 9!!!!!1 new images of the album view. The last 2 are the most important, just wanted to show the development cycle of the UI.
- Project Start
- Uploaded Seven example images
- Need help deciding between the 3 different album views.
- Images where done in Illustration, no code has yet been written.
- Currently working on playlist screen and tunning up the graphics on the now playing screen
Look at the pics on your phone, they look a lot better and have been optimized for superamoled displays.
Artist View: Both options will be available at app launch.
Album View: I updated this section to show you the UI development. I went with number three because it worked best when I put the image on my phone and "pretended to use it". Right now the last 2 are the most important. They are lined up to a grid that is 30x30 pixels wide. This means its nice and perfect.
○ Plays music and that’s about it
○ No Playlist Support
○ No Widget
○ No EQ
○ No Themes
- 5 Basic App Screens:
i. This has 4 different panels:
2. Artist View:
3. Album View:
i. Track list
1) Includes name and time of song
ii. Album genre
iii. Total album time
4. Song View:
i. Total time
5. Now Playing:
i. Very basic and clean screen.
ii. Multi touch gestures will control most of the function, with some redundant buttons mainly for looks.
- Multi touch Gestures:
○ Pinch to zoom:
§ Pinch out to go to the last screen.
§ Pinch in to move to the now playing screen from any other screen.
○ One finger tap and hold, then drag up or down:
§ This brings up the volume bar in any section of the app.
§ The interaction is kind of like a long press but about half as long.
○ One finger drag left or right:
§ This changes the song based on the direction it is swiped
§ Only works in the now playing screen
○ Two finger drag left or right:
§ Adjust the location in the current song.
§ Only works in the Now Playing Screen.
○ One finger clockwise circle:
§ Changes shuffle to play all from the current track.
§ Only works in Now Playing Screen
○ Gesture that looks like this :‾\_
§ Looks like half a shuffle symbol. Start at the top and end down low.
§ This changes play all to shuffle only on the now playing screen.
○ One finger touch and drag to the right.
§ Basic play all.
□ In the Home View, touch an artist and drag to the right. Moves to the Now Playing screen of that artist starting with their first album/ep/single in alphabetical order.
□ In Artist View, touch an album and drag to the right. Moves to the Now Playing screen, starting with the first song on the album.
v1.1 Code Name: Blanket
- New Features:
○ Playlist Support
○ Widget Support
v1.2 Code Name: "That’s Crazy Town"
- New Features:
v1.5 Code Name: Dat Reggae Band
- New Features
○ Podcast Support
○ Picture Support
○ Add-on Support
§ This is things like codec packs, custom EQ settings, etc.
Q: Wheres the status bar?
A: The pics are of the app sans status bar. When the app comes out the status bar will be there, I was just too lazy to put it in right now.
Q: What screen sizes will be supported?
A: I'm developing this on a WVGA screen. I do plan on supporting smaller and bigger sizes, but that will be later on in the development cycle.
Q: What about compilation albums?
A: The plan for compilation albums is that when you go into artist view, such as xoxo, btw im in an indie band, the compilation album will show up that they are in. When you click on it, it will show all the songs in it, but highlight the song that they are in and play it first if you select play all.
Q: I what to help with localization, what do I do?
A: First off, send me a pm saying you do and what language and a gmail address. I will share a spread sheet that has most of the current UI words. This can then be translated by you.
Q: Will xxxxxx id3 tag be supported?
A: Every id3 tag will be supported that can be supported.
Band with 1234
Cool songs Band
Dat reggae band
Everyone Likes Us
Freakshow no one understands
gets all the chicks
Highschool Grudge Group
im like 12 years old and star in a movie!!!!!1
Just let me sing emo songs to you
Kinda Cool Metro UI Style
Longing for some one to like my songs
nominated for best meh group
plagirizes all them 80’s bands
questions popular people
Really wish chicks would stop chasing me
supper long band name with no caps that doesn't stop ever
The Witty Band Name That No One Gets
We Are Over Played
xoxo, btw im in an indie band
You should buy our music and not torrent it
Sharing a tablet or phone isn’t anything unusual. Phones very often serve as relaxation … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?