Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Activate "use secure credentials" automaticly after reboot?

Tip us?

Aspergillus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Activate "use secure credentials" automaticly after reboot?

Dear m8's,

I did not find any answers to this.. But found that I'm not the only one with this question.

Is there a way to keep "Use Secure Credentials" activated after a reboot?
Or is there a way to automaticly reactivate it after reboot without beeing prompted for the password?

When I start my phone i'm asked for a password because i set it to behave like that. I dont see a reason why the certificate store (where my 802.1x Certificate is stored) has to ask me for a password again.

Any solutions or ideas?

Regards Aspi

portis24
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That's also what I'd like to know.
I remember with HTC offical ROM, it's automatically enabled on each reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspergillus View Post
Dear m8's,

I did not find any answers to this.. But found that I'm not the only one with this question.

Is there a way to keep "Use Secure Credentials" activated after a reboot?
Or is there a way to automaticly reactivate it after reboot without beeing prompted for the password?

When I start my phone i'm asked for a password because i set it to behave like that. I dont see a reason why the certificate store (where my 802.1x Certificate is stored) has to ask me for a password again.

Any solutions or ideas?

Regards Aspi

mistahd33
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I've wanted to know the answer to this for a long time..
I'm wondering can we get something happening by using anycut and LaunchAfterBoot apps? I'm not good enough with anycut to be able to figure out of the manual method would be powerful enough to tap into that setting.
"D THEME" themes for Pinky Desire roms... HERE They're really old now, but check 'em out for skin ideas.
The Undiluted Nerdy Consumer Opinion

mistahd33
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahd33 View Post
I've wanted to know the answer to this for a long time..
I'm wondering can we get something happening by using anycut and LaunchAfterBoot apps? I'm not good enough with anycut to be able to figure out of the manual method would be powerful enough to tap into that setting.
I have found a couple of market apps...
Keystore Unlocker - automatically unlocks secure credential storage for you on each boot (root required).
Keystore Notifier - forces credential storage to prompt for password automatically when a wireless network which requires it is in range (for if you want to keep it secure or if your device is not rooted).
"D THEME" themes for Pinky Desire roms... HERE They're really old now, but check 'em out for skin ideas.
The Undiluted Nerdy Consumer Opinion
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mistahd33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

old_god
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Upon reboot this setting is always set to unchecked, so that app will come in handy. Any ideas on where in the filesystem I can find info on the stats of "use secured credentials" ?

using an HTC Sensation with CM7.1 alpha10
Tags
use secure credentials