Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

nook trying to update itself.

Tip us?

babybacon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default nook trying to update itself.

anyone else having trouble with their nooks trying to update themselves?

every time i turn it on it just goes updating.. and never goes through. but wont return to normal. just shuts off again

says a new software update is being installed this may take a few minutes. only gets to half or so then cuts. off..

anyone else have this problem?

Ben74
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 187
myself and others have had problems with the NC randomly doing a factory reset on itself. this is the first i've heard of the reset failing though. were you rooted before this happened? did you have gapps and marketplace installed?
Nexus 5 | Galaxy Nexus | Kindle Fire | Samsung Captivate | NookColor | T-Mobile G1
Developer of SkipLock, Touch Pilot, Unlock With WiFi, NookColor Tools, and Choose Browser

babybacon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben74 View Post
myself and others have had problems with the NC randomly doing a factory reset on itself. this is the first i've heard of the reset failing though. were you rooted before this happened? did you have gapps and marketplace installed?
yes it was rooted and running market with gapps.

something happened with an sd card and it got low on power i had to pull the battery to stop it endlessly bootlooping. then i tried to start it up and it crashed over and over again.

I did a factory reset to it and now its back to bone stock.

so i will be rerooting it probably tomorrow.

there goes another 2 hours.