Porting LG Fathom ROM (v5) to eXpo/IQ
I've spent the last little while porting the LG Fathom ROM (v5) to my LG IQ to see if there is anything from it that I want to add to my own ROM before I add the finishing touches. Is anyone else working on this by chance?
Here is where I am at....
- Not much to see here. the Verizon Theme is pretty dark. They re-arranged the list, added favorite contacts and changed text
- The start menu lists several new additions
Message - SMS/MMS replacement
Visual Voice Mail - Verizon VVM
Mobile Email - Outlook E-mail replacement
Mobile IM - AIM, WL & Yahoo IM Client
City ID - App & Plugin that shows contact city name based on number
VZ Navigator - Verizon GPS Navigation
World Clock - It's a world clock
Office Mobile 2010 - upgraded to 2010 from v4
- Lock Key
is a new addition to the main settings screen. Enabling this app causes your phone to resume to lock state from suspend state.
- Normally Beam
is hidden here. The only new addition is Switch USB
. This app allows you to switch between RNDIS mode, Dial-up modem mode and USB Mass Storage.
- Voice Commands
is the configuration interface for Nuance, the voice command app included instead of MS Voice Command.
- Several changes were made in the System folder. The icons and programs for Backlight, Power and System Information were updated. The CPL Sensors
was added (Proximity, Backlight & Rotation sensor control). ClearStorage has moved to become a tab under Memory
and WirelessLAN appears to have been removed although the exe is still included in OEMMisc. Finally the GPS program port has changed to COM5 instead of GPD9.
- LG has updated the Dialer for the Fathom. The appearance is very similar, but corrected to match the WM 6.5.x screen structure (small taskbar, large bottom bar with touch buttons).
- The on-screen keyboard has been updated. Again you don't get an on-screen keyboard in landscape mode.
- LG added Gesture Unlock (\Settings\Lock). It allows you to unlock your phone and launch an app based on the gesture you enter.
- LG removed the Flash setting from the camera app (since the Fathom has no flash) and clicking on the Album button (bottom right) now takes you to Pictures & Videos
(the 3D LG Album has been removed).
Next post will discuss specific apps and current issues