MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] What happened to Z4 Root?

14th December 2010, 05:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
I bought an HTC Incredible a month and a half ago. I had my phone "temporarily" rooted with Z4 Root for about a month no problem. Over the weekend I went into Titanium Backup to unfreeze an app and it says I don't have root privileges. Super User now says it wants to update and then errors out. I power cycled and ran Z4 Root again and it says it worked, but still no Super User. I have read a little here and there on the internet but have not been able to figure out why this happened. I read OTA update may have caused it, but I don't remember receiving any updates and I also noticed Z4 Root is not in Market anymore and pretty much most of the links to it on the web are dead now. Were did it go? Anybody know whats up with this?

Also, I was wondering if doing a factory reset will restore the apps I froze with Titanium Backup? I want to do a restore so I can make a clean backup. I am planning on checking out Unrevoked3.
Last edited by djencounter1200; 14th December 2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: typo and change notification
The Following User Says Thank You to djencounter1200 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
NW21
14th December 2010, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djencounter1200

I bought an HTC Incredible a month and a half ago. I had my phone "temporarily" rooted with Z4 Root for about a month no problem. Over the weekend I went into Titanium Backup to unfreeze an app and it says I don't have root privileges. Super User now says it wants to update and then errors out. I power cycled and ran Z4 Root again and it says it worked, but still no Super User. I have read a little here and there on the internet but have not been able to figure out why this happened. I read OTA update may have caused it, but I don't remember receiving any updates and I also noticed Z4 Root is not in Market anymore and pretty much most of the links to it on the web are dead now. Were did it go? Anybody know whats up with this?

Also, I was wondering if doing a factory reset will restore the apps I froze with Titanium Backup? I want to do a restore so I can make a clean backup. I am planning on checking out Unrevoked3.

It was removed from the market. However, it's available here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953
25th December 2010, 10:45 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
Unhappy
Below Link Does Not Work. No links anyplace working When If Ever Will z4root return ?

It was removed from the market. However, it's available here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953
26th December 2010, 06:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 917

2,480 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

UNREVOKED Is Your Best Bet, I Used It To ROOT My Girls Phone, & It Was Pretty Effortless!! Although It Took A While, But If You Do Decide To Try It Out, My Advice Is Find Something Else To Do After It Starts.Running... I Almost Stopped It A Few Times Thinking It Was Stuck!! But It's Not!!!

Let It Run!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
28th December 2010, 12:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
More
Yesterday I used flashtool release/x10flash.bat to install and run z4root.

Worked like a charm on my Xperia x10a.

Peace
28th December 2010, 12:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 917

2,480 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm Not Sure If You Still Need Z4Root But.... Here You Go!!
Attached Files
File Type: apk z4root 1.3.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (955.5 KB, 16714 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PMGRANDS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2010, 03:46 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
z4 help
Z4 has not worked on my droid since the update to 2.2.1 anyone know what I can do.
31st December 2010, 07:11 AM   |  #8  

9 posts
I also need to re-root my phone.... didn't notice until today that the update took away superuser permissions... tried downloading z4root and it says that application will not work on this phone
4th January 2011, 10:49 PM   |  #9  

9 posts
still no help?
4th January 2011, 11:04 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
NY/CT
Thanks Meter: 84

596 posts
More
Just use unrevoked. It's effortless and just got updated for all phones. It gives you superuser privileges

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc incredible, root, z4 root
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank