5,603,646 Members 36,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What happened to Z4 Root?

Tip us?

djencounter1200
Old
(Last edited by djencounter1200; 14th December 2010 at 05:15 AM.) Reason: typo and change notification
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] What happened to Z4 Root?

I bought an HTC Incredible a month and a half ago. I had my phone "temporarily" rooted with Z4 Root for about a month no problem. Over the weekend I went into Titanium Backup to unfreeze an app and it says I don't have root privileges. Super User now says it wants to update and then errors out. I power cycled and ran Z4 Root again and it says it worked, but still no Super User. I have read a little here and there on the internet but have not been able to figure out why this happened. I read OTA update may have caused it, but I don't remember receiving any updates and I also noticed Z4 Root is not in Market anymore and pretty much most of the links to it on the web are dead now. Were did it go? Anybody know whats up with this?

Also, I was wondering if doing a factory reset will restore the apps I froze with Titanium Backup? I want to do a restore so I can make a clean backup. I am planning on checking out Unrevoked3.
The Following User Says Thank You to djencounter1200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
NW21 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by djencounter1200 View Post
I bought an HTC Incredible a month and a half ago. I had my phone "temporarily" rooted with Z4 Root for about a month no problem. Over the weekend I went into Titanium Backup to unfreeze an app and it says I don't have root privileges. Super User now says it wants to update and then errors out. I power cycled and ran Z4 Root again and it says it worked, but still no Super User. I have read a little here and there on the internet but have not been able to figure out why this happened. I read OTA update may have caused it, but I don't remember receiving any updates and I also noticed Z4 Root is not in Market anymore and pretty much most of the links to it on the web are dead now. Were did it go? Anybody know whats up with this?

Also, I was wondering if doing a factory reset will restore the apps I froze with Titanium Backup? I want to do a restore so I can make a clean backup. I am planning on checking out Unrevoked3.
It was removed from the market. However, it's available here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

vwdieselparts
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Below Link Does Not Work. No links anyplace working When If Ever Will z4root return ?

It was removed from the market. However, it's available here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

PMGRANDS
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

UNREVOKED Is Your Best Bet, I Used It To ROOT My Girls Phone, & It Was Pretty Effortless!! Although It Took A While, But If You Do Decide To Try It Out, My Advice Is Find Something Else To Do After It Starts.Running... I Almost Stopped It A Few Times Thinking It Was Stuck!! But It's Not!!!

Let It Run!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
*Sent from my Fast as Hell... (CDMA) Evo3D*

________

*My Now Retired... (CDMA) Hero ROM ExEnHeroC*

________

Direct-Download || P.m.Grands YouTube Channel

________

*If I Helped You...

*Please Spend 1 Sec. On Me...

*Hit The... "Thanks-Button"

________

"Donate" https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=9U6TFJTXEGCKQ

bama1965
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yesterday I used flashtool release/x10flash.bat to install and run z4root.

Worked like a charm on my Xperia x10a.

Peace

PMGRANDS
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I'm Not Sure If You Still Need Z4Root But.... Here You Go!!
Attached Files
File Type: apk z4root 1.3.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (955.5 KB, 16709 views)
*Sent from my Fast as Hell... (CDMA) Evo3D*

________

*My Now Retired... (CDMA) Hero ROM ExEnHeroC*

________

Direct-Download || P.m.Grands YouTube Channel

________

*If I Helped You...

*Please Spend 1 Sec. On Me...

*Hit The... "Thanks-Button"

________

"Donate" https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=9U6TFJTXEGCKQ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PMGRANDS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lonnieb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default z4 help

Z4 has not worked on my droid since the update to 2.2.1 anyone know what I can do.

noylekul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also need to re-root my phone.... didn't notice until today that the update took away superuser permissions... tried downloading z4root and it says that application will not work on this phone

noylekul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
still no help?

TheWhiteBandito
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 84
Just use unrevoked. It's effortless and just got updated for all phones. It gives you superuser privileges
Lead Developer for Simplr App Labs

Tags
htc incredible, root, z4 root