Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 48,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] POV Mobii 7 Gen2

Tip us?

bazz0847
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] POV Mobii 7 Gen2

Hi all,

I bought a Point of View (POV) Mobii7 Gen2 some days ago and it appears to work really well, especially for its price (129 euros). Everything works quite smooth and games run quite well. However, there is no update to Android 2.2/2.3 and the credential storage appears to be unavailable (no such menu item?!), which means I can not connect to the WiFi of my university network. Does anybody know:

(a) if there is a similar device so I can use the firmware of that one?
(b) how I can enable or install the credential storage in Android so I can connect to PEAP networks? Think this is a major flaw in the firmware!

Thanks!!

Rees1267
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,

Did you found a solution, i have the same question and i am looking for a custom rom for this device.

Regards Rees1267

bazz0847
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Nope, not yet...

Rees1267
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok, maybe later ....?

By the way, i'm using a alternative market, called Applanet and this market wil download very wel and the apps installed fine...
Google it and install it from youre sd card...

When you know a custom rom for this device, please tell me.

Rees

dedd10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same tablet as you guys i think, i was wondering, is there a way to get the Android Market on these tablets?

bazz0847
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I did struggle quite a lot to install the market, but so far no luck. I actually DO have the market installed, but all downloads fail due to missing components. The trick is to install the vending.apk (i'm at work atm so can't post it), but it will not download, I think it is caused by the Google Framework which is missing. What DOES work is the Applanet market. Also copying APK's from a rooted phone does work if you need a certain app which isn't on the AndroidPIT and Applanet market.

One other thing: next week new firmware will be released for this device improving performance and fixing bugs. I hope this firmware does include the google framework, enabling market installation.

Please also post your experience and achievements on installing the market and other improvements/interesting things. Starting to like the device though: watching videos, playing MP3s and e-reading works well. Replacement of the launcher is recommended, I prefer Launcher Pro

gogs1976
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default mobii gen2 and youtube

I get it before few days, i still not able to have youtube on.
Did someone have made it? And if is from what market is dowloadable?
Thanks

Rees1267
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You can install the Youtube app, its working on mine Mobii V2....

I heard from pov, they have a release update this week!!!

Rees

mgielissen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Youtube works great on the Mobii 7

mgielissen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
New firmware is out

http://downloads.pointofview-online.....10%20upgrade/

The Following User Says Thank You to mgielissen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]