[APP] Facebook for Android 1.5

OP steviewevie

14th December 2010, 10:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 615

5,319 posts
More
Now available in the Android market. It needs a manual update, won't update automatically.
14th December 2010, 10:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 375

1,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
yeah, do you see settings for push notifications as mentioned in the changelog?
15th December 2010, 08:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Unhappy Unable to update facebook
When i try to update the Facebook apps from Android market its start downloading and after sometime gives error facebook installation unsuccessful. Please help me to update manually.
15th December 2010, 09:42 AM   |  #4  
Flag Palo Alto
Thanks Meter: 105

1,198 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilnair21

When i try to update the Facebook apps from Android market its start downloading and after sometime gives error facebook installation unsuccessful. Please help me to update manually.

Try uninstalling it first
15th December 2010, 09:49 AM   |  #5  
Flag Noisy le Sec
Thanks Meter: 31

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosrs4

yeah, do you see settings for push notifications as mentioned in the changelog?

Yep, go in the main page (where you can see the different icons and the notifications), then press the Menu button
Last edited by Khoral; 15th December 2010 at 11:59 AM.
15th December 2010, 09:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Devices Supported
Is it a universal update or is it for some devices?
15th December 2010, 11:03 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
Does anyone have the apk please?
15th December 2010, 06:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag Internet
Thanks Meter: 7

151 posts
Donate to Me
More
All i can say about current 1.5 update is CRAP..total crap.

I am using Samsung Galaxy S running Froyo 2.2. Here is the bug list.

1. Login to FB from PC and open chat. Now click on "Go Offline". Now open FB app on phone and open CHAT section. Your friend list will not load even after waiting for 30 min on a 1 mbps wifi connection.

2. CHAT UI is simply crap. Now we have 3 groupings , "Active Conversations" , "Available" and "Idle". We don't need grouping at all simply show a single list with GREEN color on right for Active(not idle) and Orange for Inactive like we have in Gtalk for Android.
Also , if we are chatting with any friend , Just make same UI change in the Single Main list to indicate it ass Active chat.
In-short, just mimic what Gtalk for Andorid app does. Keep It Simple Guys.

3. CHAT is not working and need proper testing. try this.
Login to FB from PC , start Chat. Now hit "Go Offline". next, open FB app in mobile and enter chat section, Your Chat friend list will never ever load friends. it will simply show "Loading......"

4. Sound notification for Chat is not working. I am 200% sure that i have set a tone to notify me of incoming chat.

5. When i enter FB app on Phone , give is option to auto-login to chat or not. and notify us about same.

6. if we enter chat and return to home screen, i get logged out. WTF is this ? I am supposed to be logged in chat.

7. PUSH notifications : All i can say is "WTF" !!!!!
Reason: PUSH on iPhone and BB is REAL INSTANT. And if its TRUE Push , why do we see "Refresh Interval" option in Settings section ? If its PURE PUSH , we don't need this at all. If its for those running OS < 2.2 then fine.. However , if i choose ""Refresh Interval" at xx hours and set "Notifications to Active" and ticked all below options , I am still not receiving any PUSH notifications when i am on home screen. However when i enter the app , i get it. Is this you call PUSH ?

Dear Facebook, Go and test your app before you release it to the masses.
15th December 2010, 06:44 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 54

1,086 posts
I turned off refresh interval to none, and turned off all notifications ticks, but left "notification" ticked, and it seems to push almost instantly.

as far as checking on battery drain. that is to be determined since i tinker with roms, apps and other stuff a lot!

but so far the push part works on 2.2..

but the app is still millions of years behind the iFail. come on FB dont you know that more people are useing Android then then IOS.
The Following User Says Thank You to eatonjb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2010, 06:45 PM   |  #10  
Flag Internet
Thanks Meter: 7

151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonjb

I turned off refresh interval to none, and turned off all notifications ticks, but left "notification" ticked, and it seems to push almost instantly.

as far as checking on battery drain. that is to be determined since i tinker with roms, apps and other stuff a lot!

but so far the push part works on 2.2..

but the app is still millions of years behind the iFail. come on FB dont you know that more people are useing Android then then IOS.

a friend using HTC DESIRE and all is working at his end..which phone you use ?
I guess its problem with all Samsung users

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread