All i can say about current 1.5 update is CRAP..total crap.
I am using Samsung Galaxy S running Froyo 2.2. Here is the bug list.
1. Login to FB from PC and open chat. Now click on "Go Offline". Now open FB app on phone and open CHAT section. Your friend list will not load even after waiting for 30 min on a 1 mbps wifi connection.
2. CHAT UI is simply crap. Now we have 3 groupings , "Active Conversations" , "Available" and "Idle". We don't need grouping at all simply show a single list with GREEN color on right for Active(not idle) and Orange for Inactive like we have in Gtalk for Android.
Also , if we are chatting with any friend , Just make same UI change in the Single Main list to indicate it ass Active chat.
In-short, just mimic what Gtalk for Andorid app does. Keep It Simple Guys.
3. CHAT is not working and need proper testing. try this.
Login to FB from PC , start Chat. Now hit "Go Offline". next, open FB app in mobile and enter chat section, Your Chat friend list will never ever load friends. it will simply show "Loading......"
4. Sound notification for Chat is not working. I am 200% sure that i have set a tone to notify me of incoming chat.
5. When i enter FB app on Phone , give is option to auto-login to chat or not. and notify us about same.
6. if we enter chat and return to home screen, i get logged out. WTF is this ? I am supposed to be logged in chat.
7. PUSH notifications : All i can say is "WTF" !!!!!
Reason: PUSH on iPhone and BB is REAL INSTANT. And if its TRUE Push , why do we see "Refresh Interval" option in Settings section ? If its PURE PUSH , we don't need this at all. If its for those running OS < 2.2 then fine.. However , if i choose ""Refresh Interval" at xx hours and set "Notifications to Active" and ticked all below options , I am still not receiving any PUSH notifications when i am on home screen. However when i enter the app , i get it. Is this you call PUSH ?
Dear Facebook, Go and test your app before you release it to the masses.