Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Sense LinkedIn and Picasa??

Tip us?

shemeri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC Sense LinkedIn and Picasa??

Hi,

today I got a notification from HTC Hub indicating that there were 2 new plugins for HTC Sense which are LinkedIn and Picasa.

I chose both to install, LinkedIn installed and I can see it and its nice. However, Picasa downloads but didn't install. Tried again as the notification still were there, but same thing happend again, downloads but never installs. Then the notification vanished!

I tried to find the Picasa Album plugin on HTC hub on both phone and HTCSense.com but never found it!!

Anybody experienced the same?
Does anybody know where HTC Hub downloads the files? I might find Picasa for HTC Sense file there and install it manually.

It would be nice to have the Picasa Album plugin so I do not need any third party app. :)

kleen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Noticed the exact same thing... got linked in but no picasa, and would have prefered to get picasa over linked in.

Crytos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah i had the same problem, i had two notifications one for the linkedIn and Picasa plug-ins and one for a new widget. I chose to install Picasa as the other two didn't interest me but it never installed and doesn't show up in the gallery as an option. I can't figure out how to get back to that plug-in choice section to try and download it again either

Although sometimes when i go to the HTC hub it shows up briefly saying 'failed to connect to server, try again later' but things still seem to load. Dunno if that's got anything to do with it. Hopefully they just pulled it and will have it available again soon

spadival
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
I downloaded the Linkedin app. Now it says "application not found" !!

xannetic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
had the same thing first i thought I downloaded both of them and then LinkedIn only show up in "Account & Sync" whereas Picasa is no where to be found.

also the update notification shows up randomly.

Same thing goes to the "Market" I was on the new Market UI at some point then it jumped back to the normal one

David Dee
Old
Thanks Meter 820
I downloaded the linked, I can see it in my manage apps, but it is not in my app drawer. I cannot open it. I wish HTC would provide some support here!

shemeri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So I am not the only one facing this problem. Hope this will be fixed soon and pushed by HTC again :)

shemeri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dee View Post
I downloaded the linked, I can see it in my manage apps, but it is not in my app drawer. I cannot open it. I wish HTC would provide some support here!
David:
I think you cannot find it in app drawer as it is a plugin for HTC Sense UI and not a standalone application for Android.

So you can find the application in Contacts -> Online -> and from here you choose LinkedIn

:)
The Following User Says Thank You to shemeri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nxtwrld
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I don't have it in my HTC Hub. Where should it be?
HTC Flyer & Sensation < iPhone 4 < Desire HD < Motorola Milestone < Touch Diamond < iPhone 3G < iPhone

shemeri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
its not there. I guess HTC pushed it to all and not included in HTC hub online yet.