[ROM][WWE][SenseUI] XevRev 1.0b2 - [WM6.5 28014/21889] - Release: Dec 17, 2010
Welcome to XevRev Vogue Series!
If you have never flashed a custom ROM onto your phone before, you must unlock your phone! Instructions can be found here!
This is for CDMA based Touch (Vogue) phones! GSM phones (this means your Touch has a SIM card) are not compatible and flashing this ROM onto a GSM could render your phone permanently disabled!
This is the first release of XevRev, based on WM6.5 28014 and 21889 with XPR compression. You will notice the similarities to NuVogue
because NuAngel and I are real-life friends who share our knowledge on cooking.
The basic methodology of my ROM's is to create a suitable "OEM" replacement ROM. That means there will be a focus on stability, usability and ease of use; along with an "out-of-box" experience that should require no major adjustment once flashed. This also means that the ROM will feature a very trim set of "stock" applications. I want to enjoy using my phone, and any tweak or change I make needs to make my experience more enjoyable and simple.
One of the main points of XevRev's core builds will be the focus on SenseUI. 1.0 will utilize the same SenseUI 2.0.2016.3224 packages found in NuVogue 8
. There will be no focus on Titanium due to the ridiculous amount of tweaking and (imo) "garbage" applications required to make it work flawlessly with little hassle.
XevRev will only be released with carrier specific builds. I have developed XevRev with Verizon in mind, but I would hope that the other builds are just as stable and capable. The main reason for a focus on carrier specific builds is that it seems to get programming/roaming update working (at least on Verizon). This means you can program your phone without flashing back to a stock carrier ROM like some people have had to, or manually updating PRL files. It also means you won't have to update your PRL after using some REALLY old carrier cabs (which just REALLY ticked me off).
I will now explain how XevRev development will move forward for the short term. XevRev will not be developed like many roms, and will not receive a "major" release every build (example with NuVogue 1,2,3, etc). Instead, it will receive minor updates addressing issues with the current software, then major releases that add new features.
This series will focus on getting the basics right. There will be ZERO
focus on GPS features in 1.0 because of my inability to test them because of letting Verizon's customizations run. *edit* 1/21/11 - I have obtained my new XV6900.
What is on the XevRev 1.0 to-do list:
What is on the XevRev 2.0 to-do list
Adding MightyMike and Juggalo_x's tethering fix to beta 2! TOP PRIORITY!
- Setting the following registry values to be default out-of-box:
Getting nueSIPDefault or another SIP Default software to make Swype primary keyboard.
Disabling WM built in word suggestion.
- Disabling Swype's built-in auto suggestion.
- Removing Music tab from SenseUI
- Removing Programs tab from SenseUI
- Removing Wi-Fi options from com manager.
- Finding a fresher default sound system to drop in.
Finding the "Verizon Train" sound effect for messaging. This is only for myself and not for the main build, just so I can bug my buddy to hell and back with it! lol Found it on my new Touch Pro2. Muhuhahaha!
Making Opera the browser that will load from SenseUI Home screen.
- Making about:blank he default page that will load from SenseUI Internet screen.
- Replacing Earth with Opera logo in SenseUI Internet Screen.
- Possibly replacing HTC Mega theme with a different theme.
- Possibly cooking in SBP Time (demo).
- Possibly replacing ArcSoft Messaging client with another SMS client.
- Possibly removing nuePerformance.
- Possibly add an auto home screen lock that doesn't completely @#$% me off.
Possibly add in EZ Input. ADDED IN 1.0 BETA 2!
- Possibly remove Total Commander since it is a power user feature.
Fixing the weather update on the home screen. COMING IN 1.0 FINAL.
Remove any modules that are not doing anything at all!
XevRev 1.0 features!
- Porting CDMA Phone Canvas to QVGA.
- Making Youtube app function.
- More to come...
- XPR compressed ROM. This is the best compression to use on Vogue, and provides faster loading and better loading performance then no compression at all, and faster overall speed vs LZX.
- SenseUI 2.0.2016.3224 based mostly on Mega Ext TMO_UK_126.96.36.199 package, along with crazy4tricks's Manila SenseUI 2.0.2016.3224 package.
- HTC Default M2D theme.
- HTC Vogue Dialer with working program codes on Verizon Wireless (*228 PRL update and phone programing should work 100%).
- xTask 2.3b4, with task icons pre-disabled. I picked this task manager for ease of use.
- nuePerformance - for boot benchmarking.
- nueSIPDefault - for setting SIP input to a different keyboard during boot.
- ArcSoft Messaging 188.8.131.52
- HTC Vogue Camera app from PPCk (if anyone has anything newer that works, please let me know!).
- HTC Album 3.0.1918.2223.
- Swype Keyboard 184.108.40.206(apparently) with Baly23's Touch like skin cooked in. Original WVGA Swype theme has been removed to save space! Keyboard loads much faster then when installing manually, but may still be too laggy for some (looking for feedback). Please donate to Baly23 for this wonderful QVGA skin!
- EZ Touch Input from HTC Mega! This package shouldn't be as buggy as the old one found in PPCK. I have discovered no bugs with it.
- Opera Mobile 10
- Microsoft MyPhone 1.06.2718.0001
- MySquare 1.3beta3.1
- HTC Facebook 1.0.07.1
- HTC Calculator from PPCk.
- frNotepad 1.4.3.
- SpbScreenshot - for reporting bugs on XevRev.
- Pocket RAR - Supports ZIP and RAR, so why have anything else?
- Foxit PDF Reader - Picked over Adobe Reader because of Adobe's own software being filled with security holes.
- Total Commander - Popular Registry Editor
- .NET CF 3.5 cooked in.
- Mortscript COMING IN 1.0 FINAL!
Noticeable things you will find missing from this ROM
- Verizon Wireless
- Sprint PCS
- Telus (CA)
- Bell (CA)
- Cellular South
- Cricket COMING IN 1.0 FINAL!
Screenshots of XevRev (Beta 2)
- Codes folder - I have removed this from my dev builds, because for whatever reason, it would prevent my phone from receiving PRL updates from Verzion's *228.
- Gobs of games - Seriously, how often do you play these things? I drive around to places, I don't take a bus. If I did, I would take my Nintendo DS instead of playing on my Vogue.
- Carepackages *poke's NuAngel* - Takes too much space up in the rom, plan and simple. You can delete it, but the space is never freed up.
- Crappy default themes from PPCK - Seriously, how old is some of this stuff? I want my phone to feel fresh, not dated. Replacing the default theme is a high priority.
- SenseUI themes found here - Many of these themes are based on the dated look of Sense 1.0, and they are just ugly. Instead look in this thread for Sense 2.0 themes. Unsure how many are optimized for QVGA.
- Manila 2D Customizer (M2DC) 0.29.235. This is not compatible with this build of Manila 2D 2.0.