Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

B&N Shop resets nook color... ouch!!!

Tip us?

bbtheory
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default B&N Shop resets nook color... ouch!!!

So I am not sure what just happened to my NC. It was rooted, market enabled, apps installed etc.

I (by accident) hit the B&N shop icon in my apps drawer. There was a brief message and then the nook factory reset itself. So I am back to square one, need to re-root and re-enable everything.

Is there a way to avoid this happening again? Are there others out there brave enough to try the shop app and see if it happens? I am not sure if it was just a fluke or if I should really watch out for the B&N shop, etc.

Any wisdom on the matter would be appreciated!!!

pezhore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Shop works for me (Fully rooted, market, gmail, etc). Not sure why yours reset itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to pezhore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

likearaptor
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Same here, Shop has been working now for over a week rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to likearaptor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbtheory
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
OK, so I rerooted and re enabled market, etc... shop works now, loaded with no problems.

Not sure what happened before, I had enabled market the first time using an earlier method, pehaps that had something to do with it?

basotl
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I had the same issue happen Monday evening. I was presented with an error message and then forced to reset. It has not reoccured and I have tried to replicate the error.

Sent from my Nook Color using XDA App.
HTC EVO 4G LTE w/ CM 11
NookColor w/ CM 10.2
Nook Simple Touch Rooted w/ Stock Android 2.1
Samsung Epic 4G w/ CM 10.1

william1853
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Same thing happened to me two days ago, so I hope someone posts an answer in this thread as to how to prevent it, or recover from it!
The Following User Says Thank You to william1853 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Withfeeling
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Given the number of rooted nooks that are likely to be out here, it would be unfortunate for B&N if NONE of them could actually buy books from them.

axe2
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I had this happen to me, but I was running from and external sdcard, so the reset failed. My theory was that I re-authorized the internal version and and external sdcard was still using the previous authorization.

thecalip
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withfeeling View Post
Given the number of rooted nooks that are likely to be out here, it would be unfortunate for B&N if NONE of them could actually buy books from them.
Their book is way over priced. And they have tax at every states, while Amazon has no tax for most of the states. Even if they are able to match Amazon, the buyers still have to pay tax.

Another thing, their search engine sucks. Cannot find anything there.

johnopsec
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I rooted my NC within minutes of purchase and have not had this issue. It would be flat-out nefarious for them to be doing this intentionally so, I'm hoping this is just a fluke that some have run into.