- USE THIS TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
- Overclocking your cpu may damage your device.
- Before autostarting the app be sure that your device will not hang.
- backup is always recommended !!
WiMoSpeed lets you change the CPU-speed. In opposite to other tools, even to the predecessor OverClockTool (OCT), it manipulates the values WM uses for clock control. So it works reliable on battery and AC without any scripting or active components.
- Download and install the CAB
- Start WiMoSpeed.exe. If it reports that it cannot identify your ROM: post here
- Select Speed
- Set Speed
- If desired create link (in installation directory) with actual settings
- Exit WiMoSpeed.exe
Basically WiMoSpeed is hardware-independent, because it lets WM change clock speed. But I couldn't get WM to switch the clock reliable on request so WiMoSpeed had to switch the clock registers itself on setting a new speed.
Therefore WiMoSpeed depends on CPU-hardware, RADIO- and OS-ROM.
Raising or lowering cpu speed didn't change battery drain or device temperature noticeable. So there isn't dynamic clocking in WiMoSpeed, but WM is still controlling and changing cpu-speed on battery.
WiMoSpeed supports Qualcomm MSM7200 (and compatible) and is limited to Rhodium and RhodiumW ROMs by now.
I took all shipped roms I could get and included the information into WiMoSpeed.
!!! If WiMoSpeed could not identify your ROM please post here what part of your ROM WiMoSpeed couldn't identify (OEMXIP and / or RADIO-ROM) and include a download-link of your ROM (OS, RADIO) !!! Thank you.
I will include Topaz ROMs next.
thanks toPlease do not mirror WiMoSpeed !
-all donators for the support
-eboelzner for Sense UI SDK
-dmvandijk for the icon
- added support for more OS-ROMs
- added support for more radio-ROM
- new function: restore default speed (528 MHz)
- Initial release
- Rhodium, RhodiumW