5,594,341 Members 38,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Car Dock Volume Fix

Tip us?

theoottesen
Old
(Last edited by theoottesen; 16th December 2010 at 04:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Car Dock Volume Fix

This might have been covered more than once here, but I was just curious why the fix for libaudiopolicy.so hasn't been implemented in most of the roms. If your not sure what I'm talking about, this fix keeps libaudiopolicy from enforcing a maximum volume of 75% when placed into a dock. I take no credit in this fix as the original post is here. I swap this out on every rom that I flash, but I know I'm surely not the only one who finds this to be an issue. If this is in the wrong place please move. Hope this helps someone.

Edit: OOPS!!! I forgot to add the patched file, my bad.

Just extract the rar and push to /system/lib
Attached Files
File Type: rar libaudiopolicy.rar - [Click for QR Code] (14.2 KB, 118 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theoottesen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cosine83
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
I've been looking for a fix that would work on a current Evo. I've always wondered why ROM makers don't put this in their ROMs as well. It's really annoying for dock users.

theoottesen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosine83 View Post
I've been looking for a fix that would work on a current Evo. I've always wondered why ROM makers don't put this in their ROMs as well. It's really annoying for dock users.
If you need any help just let me know. I like to use Android Commander to rename the old file and the add the new one. After that I just reboot and you're ready to go.

cosine83
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
I just dropped it in my Android SDK tools folder, set the /system/lib folder to R/W in Root Explorer and pushed it via ADB. Pretty simple process, really.

theoottesen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
That it is, and well worth it. It gets pretty annoying not being able to hear music when I have the windows down.

cosine83
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
I have to set my stereo in my at least 10 ticks higher than the radio to get the same volume while plugging my phone into the aux port.

theoottesen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I still for the life of me can't understand why they would set it up to do that, it's not like there isn't a way to control the volume when using the dock.

Saturn2K
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
I still for the life of me can't understand why they would set it up to do that, it's not like there isn't a way to control the volume when using the dock.
Seriously. And if there was ever a time when I'd want the volume automatically lowered, it would be when I have headphones plugged in. Even then, I like having the option to have it really loud. When it's in a car dock, none of this matters since I have my car's volume knob to change it on the fly.

kwajr
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Well if you pump the volume up going into the aux ports on some systems it will be distorted so its best to turn down on phone and use the volume control of radio to adjust this applies any time you use an aux jack with anything

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
apple?

cosine83
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajr View Post
Well if you pump the volume up going into the aux ports on some systems it will be distorted so its best to turn down on phone and use the volume control of radio to adjust this applies any time you use an aux jack with anything

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
That's true sometimes. However, that's not why they lowered the volume by a static 10dB upon plugging the phone into the car dock.