[ATTENTION] Calling all Dev's, Lets begin NANDROID for Blackstone!

Search This thread

Stickman89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
Guys & Gals,

We really should start focussing on android on NAND for us blackstone users.

I will be glad to help and I will be updating this post and the below on my progress.

The Rhodium have now fixed their panel issues they were experiencing on nand thanks to ACL.

Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=870081

(BLACKSTONE USERS DO NOT FLASH ANY FILES FROM THE ABOVE LINK - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

As I have said beforehand we will need to trace the NAND memory access points via haret to input the correct values into the tinboot source before compiling, once that has been done we can create a nbh with a kernel and all other relevant files to initialise tinboot. I will have a crack at that so that we at least get tinboot loaded but I may need some help from willing developers if any.

Once we have tinboot sucessfully initialised we will then move onto the more daunting task's of booting the userland and initialising hardware as at the moment winmo is doing that for us.

Welcoming any developers wishing to help.

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN

Last edited:

mero0100

Jan 5, 2010
mansoura
Guys & Gals,

I will be glad to help and I will be updating this post and the below on my progress.

The Rhodium have now fixed their panel issues they were experiencing on nand thanks to ACL.

(BLACKSTONE USERS DO NOT FLASH ANY FILES FROM THE ABOVE LINK - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

As I have said beforehand we will need to trace the NAND memory access points via haret to input the correct values into the tinboot source before compiling, once that has been done we can create a nbh with a kernel and all other relevant files to initialise tinboot. I will have a crack at that so that we at least get tinboot loaded but I may need some help from willing developers if any.

Once we have tinboot sucessfully initialised we will then move onto the more daunting task's of booting the userland and initialising hardware as at the moment winmo is doing that for us.

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN

good idea man
but sorry i didn't have any knowledge a bout that
all what i can say is goooo ahead man

cribuj

Feb 1, 2006
Chelmsford, Essex
I think that's a great ideea but first we need the nand map which is hard and tricky to obtain . After that, it will be a piece of cake .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
Well, for now there's no Blackstone specific development (at least @ #htc-linux) because there are no devs with our phone. Camro and OliWe went AWOL and even people with much less skill are not active at the moment.
Anyway if we'll find just one person interested in doing this - I'm happy to help (testing/building/research/tracing).

Reactions: mero0100

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
maybe we could ask other devs to help us
like neopeek???..............

I'm sure they will help us, but we REALLY need someone with Blackstone & coding skills to do NAND boot. Other devs are busy fixing bugs in "common" kernel or their specific devices.
BTW. Neopeek won't help because he builds Android system and we need a Linux kernel guys.

zagitta

Jun 7, 2010
Reactions: moharu

accountabc

Dec 14, 2008
of course you could always ask neopeek ;). Maybe some other guys over at neopeek can help you.

NAND for our blackstones would be awesome :). I'd love to test it when it's done. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

moharu

Mar 15, 2010
NAND for our blackstones would be awesome :). I'd love to test it when it's done. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.[/QUOTE]

me too :)

moharu

Mar 15, 2010
yh but since other android build have not been updating yet
maybe of the holidays or gingerbeard
looks like the updates might come next year (january i hope)

RDilus

Jul 28, 2008
Gouda
if some one get nand to work i will donate him really if the first person with full functions work with nand ill donate the person 20 usd!

Thegn

Jul 26, 2007
Would be great if Magldr or LK worked with our Blackstones. I don't know how much work it would be since I'm not a hardcore programmer. Right now a lot of focus is on HD2 and Rhodiums though. Hope devs are not forgetting Blackstone.

Reactions: TRNSLN

zagitta

Jun 7, 2010
Would be great if Magldr or LK worked with our Blackstones. I don't know how much work it would be since I'm not a hardcore programmer. Right now a lot of focus is on HD2 and Rhodiums though. Hope devs are not forgetting Blackstone.

This is indeed a sad trend i've also noticed, no one really seems to care about our poor blackstone :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys & Gals,

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN
    3g & Lcd backlight on nand

Hello everyone!

I have a very good news on Blackstone nand.

I got it working 3G data connection, so i can sync with my google, etc on NAND, plus i fixed Lcd backlight on nand kernel so screen/display now ~same as with sd version. / pushing tomorrow to the git because im very tried now /

I dont know another say just that : :D & finally we know that this is not just dream!

I think I'm a first blackstone user who is got it working, but the full credit of course move to the acl for the source!

I need some another work too, because i dont get speaker audio working just headset and i think call sound but i dont test this so far.

I want share this versions on this weekend for testing!

Patience!

All the best!
    fagyi
    Hi all!

New build coming Saturday to the public. If anyone want test it.
    Working on very hard with Kernel and wifi but Im very busy in my life/job at the moment.

Audio method same as via SD just csv files not reading from sdcard moved to the system/etc and reading from there. So this is a new htcacousic code which we using on SD build some day but now i can say that audio its done.

Just shortly:

Audio fully working ?
    YES!
    So we need a audio trick for enable ?
    NO!
    Audio Shuttering ?
    NO!
    Ringtone working ?
    YES, with Cyantone as default from ICS

and shortly:

- Synced with the latest google source 2012.09.25.
    - Gsensor working now
    - Battery usage : 9 hr 17 min -> 18 % lost -> sleep mode
    - Incoming ringtone working on default. Cyantone ported from ICS and setting up to the default ringtone. I just love this ringtone.
    - Audio rebuild to the latest htc-acoustic_wince
    - Audio fully working now on nand, you need forget the trick
    - Build.prop setup
    - Boot.img configurations updated ( big )
    - Better overall speed.

Kernel

- h2w support ( new headset )
    - New acoustic_wince code base and neccessary modification for blackstone
    - Shutter in music? not anymore
    - Added camera support and neccessary drivers - seems to be need a minor fixes but it looks good.
    - Config updated
    - Clock-wince changes
    - Improved shutdown and reboot funkcion. - seems to be need a minor fixes but it looks good.
    Got it Bluetooth working on nand. Hope wifi too in the future.

Good night all
    Relax guys. Development didn't stop. There's just a major issue blocking progress right now but I'm sure it will be resolved soon. Sometimes obstacles like this can slow things down but there's nothing that can't be fixed ;)