Switching to Verizon, which phone should I get?

Search This thread

The5ickne55

Oct 14, 2009
I have an X10i right now and I LOVE the phone,best phone I have ever used, hands down.

I want to keep an awesome phone, but because of work, I need to have verizon. I was looking at a droid x and a droid 2, I haven't explored outside of the phones that verizon sells though... Which phone do yall reccomend for someone who loves his x10i?

The important things to me are...

A good camera
3.5mm jack
Excellent 3rd party support
Free of any major issues (Aka not the samsung captivate)
Good support for gaming (snes,gba etc)
TFT screen

BABABANG

Jun 26, 2010
The Droid Incredible is probably your best choice. It is an amazing phone, despite the horrible battery life that comes stock.

I paid the full price for my phone when it first came out, but nowadays you can get it free if you have an upgrade if you look around.

Since you don't spend any money on the actual phone, I recommend spending money on buying a new battery. If you want to maintain the slim form factor of the phone, get a 1500mah battery. If you want awesome battery life, but a slightly thicker phone, get the 2150.

dfgged

Nov 13, 2010
I would say go for the Droid2 and then download LauncherPro. That or the Samsung Fascinate or Continuum.

PGleo86

Dec 8, 2010
Rochester, NY
I second the Droid Incredible with the 1750mAh extended battery, if you shop around you can get it for $50 total including the extended battery, and it has an excellent dev community.

brandonpry

Aug 4, 2010
this depends on how you use your device, if you don't really care about roms then the d2 is your best choice with the specs you listed. if you really need roms like i do, then your best bet is the droid inc. because it's dev community is growing and the d2 really doesn't have that good of a dev community. If you want the best of both worlds go online and get the d1, it's fast and it has a good dev community

fwdixon

Oct 15, 2010
I'm loving the Samsung Fascinate. At least until the Incredible HD rolls out with all it's LTE Goodness :D

yeah right

Oct 5, 2010
Orange County Ny
Droid incredible hands down best phone on verizon right now. S-off and soon to have a 2.3 port will make this phone last much longer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

l1f35ux

Sep 2, 2010
Droid incredible hands down. I have D2 now but so sick of locked bootloader. There are a lot of devs out there for the incredible if you are concerned for dev support.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Ireyn

Aug 25, 2010
Droid Incredible for sure. Good-sized screen, thin, superior HTC software, dev community, and that SEXY back. Yummy.

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
Go Droid Incredible or Fasc. I have the Fasc. Its pretty good. But I'd personally wait till Q1 of next year for the HTC Merge :)

May 25, 2007
Droid incredible is free at best buy mobile and is arguably the best of the droid series IMO and has a large dev community and plenty of roms

also the samsung fascinate is excellent as long as you plan on rooting it.. the dev community isbt as big yet because of the lack of 2.2 but its still dedicated and you can't go wrong with jts super clean rom

I own both but the lack of roms and 2.2 keep the Dinc. As my main phone

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App