Im thinking of flasing a custom rom using odin.
Im running stock froyo 2.2.
My phone is rooted and lag fixed. I understand that i need to remove the lag fix before and flash.
I updated to this using the registry hack. My questions are as follows...
1) Can i flash a custom rom from stock 2.2 or do i need to firstly flash a kernal with recovery 2e and then flash a custom rom?
2) Am i right in thinking that the PDA is the right bit to be looking at i.e when people say this rom is usable with JPA / JPO etc. The phone and CSC are not important when flashing a custom rom ( but still needed obviously )
3) If by some miracle of god we ever do get 2.3 and i flash back to stock Froyo via odin using a rom from samfirmware.com, will kies recognise my phone? Or will i forever be destined to flash "unofficially" through odin.
4) Looking at the PDA etc given above can anybody recommend a good rom to flash with gingerbread theme and apps. ( i keep seeing Darky's rom popping up in conversations ) and also have a link to it if you would be so kind. Im not lazy but theres so many roms all over i want to make sure i get the right one.
5) Once i have recovery 2e can i flash future roms over the top using rom mananger by clockworkmods and not have to go through odin? Or how does that work?
If i could get some clear answers to the above that would be great.
Yes i am a newbie at this but i am confident that i understand the basics, its just a couple of things above that i want clearing up before i proceed.
I know how to use odin correctly. ( close kies first / make sure odin opened before plugging in phone etc. )
P.S Yes i have 3 button recovery and download mode.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and a big thank you to any body that takes the time to respond with help.