After a great success of ProximtyScreenOffLite (more than 68,000 downloads) I decided to take all the feedback and feature requests by users and improve the features and quality of the app.
- Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
- Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
Swipe and Hold,
Hold and Swipe and
Cover and Hold
- Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
- Widget: to start and stop the service
- ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
- Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
- Enable screen on/off during calls only
- Disable call handling completely
- Battery saving options: De-Activate sensors after timeout and De-Activate sensors when power button pressed or system goes idle.
- Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
- Prevent accidental screen on
- Vibration on screen On/Off
Tips on using Light sensor for tablets/phones
Value when sensor coveredPro Changelog:
Tip: if you choose light Sensor and if you vales range from 0 to >50, keep this at around 15 (Use the charts to see what values sensors give out)
Value when sensor un-covered
Tip: if you choose light Sensor and if you vales range from 0 to >50, keep this at around 16
• Reduced battery consumption further
• Fixed wakelock release
• Fixed ScreenOff delay in gestures
• Fixed gestures
• Added light sensor support for nexus 7 and other tablets where sensors are unregistered after screenOff
• Deactivate sensors after timeout
• Keep screenOn after unlock - fixed the timeout
• Added new feature to schedule start/Stop of service
• Fixed Deactivating sensors if only one of the option is selected screen on/off
• added clear logs option, to generate fresh set of logs for debugging
• lot of minor fixes
• Added app shortcut(PSOToggle), to start and stop service. With this you can integrate it with Tasker or Put it in a sidebar/notification shortcuts.
• Removed ScreenOff from recents app
• Fixed swipe and hold screen on gesture
- No lockscreen on screenOn fix
- debug logging toggle fix
- added custom logging to SDcard with email support (require SDCard read/write permissions)
- Fixed the combo "2 swipes" to screen on and "cover and Hold" to screenoff
- Fixed the disable lockscreen
- Added a feature to fix Flip Cover issue (No-Recognize Delay)
- Auto configure tablets to use Light Sensor (Tested with Nexus 10/Note 10.1)
- Added option to enable Debugging
- Fixed widget issue
- Fixed deactivation of sensors after timeout
- Fixed disable in landscape
- Fix Typo "screen on" under "screen off"
- Added more screenOff methods
- Added new gestures to turn On/Off screen:
- Swipe Once,
- Swipe Twice,
- Swipe and Hold,
- Hold and Swipe and
- Cover and Hold
- Improved the the Light Sensor gesture detection for tablets and phones.
- Fixed app crash
- Fixed alarm dismiss issue
- Fixed lockscreen issue
- Changed default settings of "Locks phone on ScreenOn" true.
- New feature to save battery: sensors can be de-activated if power button is pressed or phone is idle (i.e, if app doesn't turn off the screen)
- Fixed autostart after reboot
- Fixed Disable vibrate on ignored apps
- Fixed override screenOn in non-flip cover modes
- Fixed the InCallOnly mode, sensor is active only during the senor, thereby saving power.
- Added new battery saving feature: "De-Activate sensors after timeout". You can set a value in minutes and sensors will be de-activated after timeout and re-activated only when screen turns on.
- Upgraded the Ignore list UI and included even the system apps.
- Fixed flickering on ScreenON
- Fixed lock screen/keyguard disable (Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings" to enable lock screen)
- Notification icon on status bar can be disabled/enabled now from "All Settings"
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
If you love this app and want to support my efforts:
v3.7 - Fixed Phone locks to lock-screen by default v3.6: - Added option to enable/disable call handling - Fixed bugs v3.5: - De-activate sensor when only screenOff mode is enabled. (except if override power button is enabled) - enableInCall battery save mode added. Sensors are only active during the call. - [New feature] to override lock screen, can be disabled by enabling lockOnScreenOn - [New feature] override power button (Sensor needs to be active on screenOff) v3.3: - Fixed enableInCall option v3.2: - BUG FIX: Light sensor can now be selected to use gestures. V3.1 - Added Notification to service (Now it can be disabled from settings) - Auto starts with system - Service wont get killed anymore - Added smaller timeout values (0.25 seconds) - Added charts to visualize sensor values. - Easy uninstall works now 09/03/2011: Version 2.0 - Added support for more devices by making sensor values configurable!! > Select which sensor you want to use > Set the values of sensor when covered and when open. Note : try this only if this app does not work on your device. - Added more timeout values, less than a second!!! - Added, "During call only" feature. - Added explicit uninstall feature. 02/02/2011: Version 1.9 1) [Bug Fix] Call handling fixed. However if you have ScreenOn feature enabled, it may conflict during call. 2) [Bug Fix] Release the wake lock after ScreenOn , this was causing the screen to be on forever, until its turned off by user/sensor. 3) Auto Unlock - ScreenOn will directly take you to home screen instead of lock screen 25/01/2011: Version 1.8 1) Bugs fixed: - Fixed the issue where it stopped working/crashing after few try's - Screen Off is much faster without any animations 18/01/2011: Version 1.7 1) Bugs fixed: - Disable on Landscape fixed for "Cover and Hold" option - Fixed WindowManager$BadTokenException 2) Made "Disable Accidental Lock" default. 3) Now you can only have one of the options enabled either "Disable Accidental Lock" or "Cover and hold to turn off Screen" 17/01/2011: Version 1.6 1) On huge requests I have added, Cover and Hold to "screen off" - Cover the proximity sensor for a specified duration will turn off the screen. 2) People who don't care about battery drain, I have added, Cover and Hold to "screen On" - Cover the proximity sensor for a specified duration will turn on the screen. 3) Bug fix: Screens sometimes goes off on first screen on. 30/12/2010: Version 1.5 - Added option to disable/enable accidental screen off's, just set the time out after which it wont turn off the screen. - Added call handling, When phone is in pocket and it rings, screen remains off, once removed out of pocket screen will turn on!! (This feat can be disabled through another option) 22/12/2010 - Added a configuration screen a) Now users can easily enable/disable DeviceAdmin, this will greatly ease the un-install process b) Enable/Disable in landscape - Added More elegant way to enable device admin permissions - App creates 2 shortcuts, one for ProximityScreenOff and another for ScreenOff (One tap screen off) - Lots more to come :) 20/12/2010 - Provision to enable/disable proximityScreenOff - Battery consumption significantly less, please share your findings - Disable proximityScreenOff on landscape!! - Lot more to come... 19/12/2010 Added proximity sensors to screenoff app!! now turn of ur screen with a swipe!!!
1) To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App...
AVAILABLE ON ANDROID MARKET!!!
QR code Below.