DVP Feedback please! Considering switching from the HD7
I couldn't wait any longer for the DVP to actually ship and the bugs to be sorted out so I impatiently went with my second choice- the HD7.
While I still love the HD7 (coming from the HD2) there are a few things I've come to dislike about the hardware and makes me curious how these pet peeves compare to the DVP.
My dislikes of the HD7 are:
- Horrible external speaker. Volume is unacceptably low and speaker phone is a joke. My g/f's Optimus 7 volume IN CALL is louder than my HD7 on speakerphone.
- The power button is a soft mushy button and requires practice to actually figure out how to use it. Sometimes I still find myself pushing it a few times to get it.
- The volume rocker feels loose and if you shake the phone you can feel and hear it move around. This is an issue with all HD7's and not just mine.
- Device is creaky, especially when applying pressure to the back where the battery cover is.
- Camera quality is average at best. I actually think my HD2's pics seemed better.
- Device is slow at loading games and some apps.
- The hard buttons are capacitive so I am constantly hitting them accidentally. And with no mulitasking I find myself exiting games and no being able to resume my previous state.
I am wondering how these issues are or if they exist on the DVP. As this could be the deciding factor on me switching to the DVP. The only things I would truly miss are the slightly larger screen, the kickstand, the dual LED flash, the sleekness and valuable HTC apps like the official YouTube app, Flashlight and the live weather hub.
I'm mostly curious about the weight of the device since it is the heaviest of all, the thickness of it and how the speaker compares (ringtones etc and speakerphone).
If people can please share some feedback I'd appreciate it!