Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[theme] 11/20/2011 TRANSPARENT GMAIL 2.3.5 GOOGLE VOICE! NEW-Gmail-Markets-Facebook

OP fernando sor

26th December 2010, 07:06 PM   |  #501  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,029

2,885 posts
Donate to Me
More
ok, so i modded this and noticed that the mdpi sections werent as complete as the hdpi, being this is in the droid inc section, i understand...

anyway, here's my modded version of black market based on OP's work...added some touches of my own (to hdpi as well), both in apk and flashable update zip
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: apk Vending.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.39 MB, 56 views)
File Type: zip black-market-update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.27 MB, 98 views)
Last edited by tnpapadakos; 26th December 2010 at 07:11 PM.
26th December 2010, 07:12 PM   |  #502  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,481

9,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpapadakos

ok, so i modded this and noticed that the mdpi sections werent as complete as the hdpi, being this is in the droid inc section, i understand...

anyway, here's my modded version of black market based on OP's work...added some touches of my own (to hdpi as well), both in apk and flashable update zip

love your sig animation bro
26th December 2010, 07:18 PM   |  #503  
Thanks Meter: 1

136 posts
Donate to Me
More
I pasted your vending.apk file over mine and I'm still at the green market, but no worries. I appreciate all you guys work and efforts. You all do a great job in making our phones more than they could ever be.

With all that said and done, I'll just be waiting now on Myn's update to his rom so I can install Riptide9's V11 theme and I'm pretty happy with my phone as of now.

I plan on when income tax comes in to pick up a laptop and start diving into the mobile phone world. As I already do web and graphic design, I'm hoping to expand my work to something new soon.

Question: On boot images, I'm currently using Unrevoked's image. What program do I need to use to turn a picture into a .img file to use on my boot screen? I found a pic on the net I wanted to modify and turn into a boot image for my phone.

Here is the final version of my homescreen.

Last edited by Desync; 26th December 2010 at 07:24 PM.
26th December 2010, 07:21 PM   |  #504  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall

9,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myn

The root cause of the force closing is the signature mismatch when it was signed with the test keys.

You should always preserve the signing authority's certs when making modifications.

If you take the AndroidManifest.xml file and META_INF directory from the official Vending.apk and copy them over to your modified apks the force close issue will be resolved.

With all of that said, Anyone made a modification to the existing black themed to preserve the original top green header in the original? (Not the emerald). I'd do it myself but I am short on time.

Thanks.

PS.
Try my properly signed Black Market below. Just adb push Vending.apk /system/app or use root explorer and copy it overtop of your existing Vending.apk in /system/app.

we appreciate the help we really do but for every "fix that has been posted" there is a percentage that just doesnt work for people. please be respectful of the long hours we have put in this project and post possible fixes, not statements telling us were we are wrong when you clearly do not know about inverting the market. not trying to flame myn just frustrated that people are struggling to install. not all people but some.
Last edited by fernando sor; 26th December 2010 at 07:51 PM.
26th December 2010, 07:33 PM   |  #505  
Thanks Meter: 1

136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This version worked like a charm for me.

I restored my phone > flashed the .zip > rebooted phone

Works great, if only it was blue, thanks tho at least I got rid of that annoying green.
26th December 2010, 07:35 PM   |  #506  
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 3

107 posts
More
@Fernando

I'm a real NOOB at this stuff, but here is something that may help you. I am running Warm 2.2 (I think it's a ported EVO ROM), and the one thing that I noticed is that my vending.apk file is READ ONLY? Could that be the core problem for all of us who get force closes? If you think it's worth exploring, I'll go back to stock ROM and see if I can get it to work? I cannot flash any vending.apk over it, or anything. If that's locked, I bet that your zip isn't the problem?
26th December 2010, 07:36 PM   |  #507  
Thanks Meter: 8

72 posts
More
I've attempted to install this several times on SkyRaider Sense 3.5 for awhile now. I was getting the FC as have been reported by many. And I of course forgot to backup my original market.

I took the Vending.apk posted and pasted it over the original Vending.apk in system/app. I think I was simply forgetting to mount /system in my previous attempts. Just wanted to post this up in case it helps anyone else.

Thanks for all your work, I'm loving this black market!
26th December 2010, 07:43 PM   |  #508  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall

9,462 posts
More
Quote:

thanks for the help bro
26th December 2010, 07:44 PM   |  #509  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall

9,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch McWinner

@Fernando

I'm a real NOOB at this stuff, but here is something that may help you. I am running Warm 2.2 (I think it's a ported EVO ROM), and the one thing that I noticed is that my vending.apk file is READ ONLY? Could that be the core problem for all of us who get force closes? If you think it's worth exploring, I'll go back to stock ROM and see if I can get it to work? I cannot flash any vending.apk over it, or anything. If that's locked, I bet that your zip isn't the problem?

do you mean on permissions?
26th December 2010, 07:45 PM   |  #510  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 8

85 posts
More
The Vending.apk Myn posted works on skyraider 3.5, that's the only one that works without forceclosing sdo far for me, and I've tried them all and all the fixes and tricks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bad seed customs, donations are welcome!!!, evo market, fernando is my hero!!, fernando sor mom!!!!!, jive-ass turkeys!, need mud for my turtle!, riptide's = troll, riptide's lurking, smell my finger
Previous Thread Next Thread