Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BASE ROM] - [01/03/2011] - ReEngineered 3.70.651.1

Tip us?

aamikam
Old
(Last edited by aamikam; 10th February 2011 at 09:39 AM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2708

DONATE TO ME
Default [BASE ROM] - [01/03/2011] - ReEngineered 3.70.651.1

This ROM is basically my personal built of an HTC sense ROM and will be the new base for my ROM that will come out sometime later on this week.

Im sharing it cuz i think it is a big improvement to the overall system. And i thought i'll share my work with everyone.

First i would like to state that EVERYTHING IS WORKING on this ROM. So unless its a bug i didn't notice... it's all good.

Now... what was done here was basically rebuilding all of the ROM's apks and frameworks to remove all of the useless files inside.

This resulted in much smaller apk sizes and resources.arsc files inside the apk's (up to 10 times smaller).
As a result of having smaller apk's loading times are faster and the ROM size is smaller.
All that is followed by the system consuming less RAM and CPU that can easily be translated into better battery life.

All of these changes should result in the fastest HTC Sense ROM thats is out now.

Keep in mind that its a Stock ROM so i only made a few tiny changes to it besides the fact the 99% of the apk's and framework are rebuild by me.

So, with that said... no screenshots are needed and understand that this ROM is meant to be used as a base for other roms if anyone would like to use it or as a daily driver for those who like stock ROMs.

As a side note... please understand that if u flash any themes over this rom it will take away the optimization i made cuz all the themes that r out right now still have all of the localization files in their apk's which will make my optimization of the apk useless.

This is what inside:
Rooted
Stock HTC Kernel (the one from OTA 3.70)
All of the stock ROM apps
Updated Apps
Updated Market (2.2.7)
4-in-1 Reboot Mod (my port)
USB/HotSpot Hack (my port based on vaelek port to calk's work) thats what i call team work, kinda.
Dalvik to Cache and Zipalign on boot
if u would like to add JsChiSurf power widgets mod flash THIS

Download
Mirrors

Here is the base rom... same as the previous one, only with Eng localization and no Spanish localization. (includes power widgets mod and all of my v4.2 ROM opt also).

Download (new)

Developing For

| Desire | Desire HD | Desire S | Desire Z/G2 | Incredible | Incredible 2 | Incredible S | Evo 3D |
| Evo 4G | Evo Shift 4G | Inspire 4G | myTouch 4G | Rezound | Thunderbolt |
| Latest RUU's |
If you like my work,
feel free to
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to aamikam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aamikam
Old
Thanks Meter 2708

DONATE TO ME
reserved for later.....

Developing For

| Desire | Desire HD | Desire S | Desire Z/G2 | Incredible | Incredible 2 | Incredible S | Evo 3D |
| Latest RUU's |
If you like my work,
feel free to

tjmontan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
what about this theme...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878235 (still a no go? ) and what about a diff kernel (net's latest?)..thanks again for your hard work..

aamikam
Old
Thanks Meter 2708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
what about this theme...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878235 (still a no go? ) and what about a diff kernel (net's latest?)..thanks again for your hard work..
here is the deal... ALL the themes are basically messing with the apks... so until a theme will use my packages... u will lose the opt i made.
the theme will work btw if u flash it btw.

as far as kernels... all should work.

let me explain a little more about what i did so u and some more people can under stand...

ok...

so each apk has inside it localizations files for many different languages... u can see all of those only if u decompile the apk btw.
it is very clear why the apks have those files in them btw... obviously htc dont make phones just for english speakers.
the biggest change i made was to remove all of those languages from the apks.
i only left in english and spanish instead of the other 10-30 different languages that were in the packages.

the htc evo in my opinion dont need all of those languages in it cuz it is a phone that is used pmly in the US... and u should also under stand that when im talking about the localizations files, im actually referring to the way that the UI is... not to language support which u get by the fonts.

now... as far as i noticed its not like we can actually have the phone in a korean UI anyways... so why have that extra files in the apk... right?
of course korean is not the only useless language to us... there are like i said 10 to 30 more useless ones like that all over the apks.

now... clearing those files gave me a much smaller apk like i said in the op... logically, smaller apk means smaller loading time and less hog on the mem.
this is translated into a faster rom and better batt life.

i hope that clears a little more about what was done here... and why.

Developing For

| Latest RUU's |
If you like my work,
feel free to
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamikam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ioos
Old
Thanks Meter 29
This sounds awesome. What process did you use to rebuild the APKs? I'd like to give it a shot myself as a learning experience.

Jim M
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Downloading now...
XX ~ Stay thirsty my friends ~ XX
Galaxy S4 - Current
Galaxy S3 - R.I.P.
EVO 3D - Stand by
EVO 4g - Stand by
Hero - Retired
HTC Vogue - Retired

T3hPWN
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Nice way to think outside the box

aamikam
Old
Thanks Meter 2708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioos View Post
This sounds awesome. What process did you use to rebuild the APKs? I'd like to give it a shot myself as a learning experience.
just used apktools... of course i paid attention to all the tiny details... its was at times a little more tricky then just deleting files and recompiling.

but... i tested it one by one until it was done.

i can't really explain the whole process... but basically take an apk out of any other rom besides this one...
decompile it and u will see all of those extra files that are basically useless for us.

all apks have them... i can go the extra mile here and even optimize it more by messing with google apps that also have those files in them... but what ive done here is good enough as a base or as an example of how it kinda should be if we want things to work better for us and only us.

Developing For

| Latest RUU's |
If you like my work,
feel free to

aamikam
Old
Thanks Meter 2708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hPWN View Post
Nice way to think outside the box
thanks...

i came up with it cuz i remembered that when i was cooking manila for windows mobile in the past i used to (and everyone else also) remove useless languages to save on space.
here all of those files are in the apks... so it took a hell of a lot longer due to the need for decompiling all of the apks, recompiling and testing.

but... i think the results are pretty good.

Developing For

| Latest RUU's |
If you like my work,
feel free to
The Following User Says Thank You to aamikam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ICEReaction
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Awesome...can't wait until your new ROM comes out. Thanks bro.