Thread Closed

[ROM-GingerBread] Ginger Villain 3.3 (16-10)

OP richardtrip

8th February 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #12031  
Thanks Meter: 214

812 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanwrx

I would say no... I think it is just gv 3.3 with int2sd included, not made/supported by Richard... I dont even think rt has posted in that thread, as it is all in german

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Please have a look here. Scroll down and there is also the download link for GV3.3 with the scrict included.
8th February 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #12032  
Recognized Themer
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,976

4,931 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssauger

Please have a look here. Scroll down and there is also the download link for GV3.3 with the scrict included.

and that is all it is... GV 3.3 (which you can download within this thread), with the added INT2SD script...

The first question in the FAQ -

Quote:

For users: How to get this in your favorite ROM
If you wish to see INT2SD in your favorite ROM, post here or send me a PM and I will arrange for this to happen ASAP.

So maybe someone jsut asked for it to be added...

and credits
Quote:

Richard Trip - making GingerVillain which now has a version featuring INT2SD

Not for help on making the script, just for making gv... so all that has happened is that the developer of INT2SD, Proz0r, has added it to GV3.3 which already exists... No new rom, just an added option!!
Last edited by mattmanwrx; 8th February 2012 at 02:40 PM.
14th February 2012, 10:53 AM   |  #12033  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
wifi issue
Hi All, i have an issue with wifi. It looks to drop the connection when it goes into sleep mode. I havent seen this particular issue mentioned in ages so i cant place what has caused it.

recently i upgraded to the new ManU kernal, at that time it didn't cause the issue, but its the latest thing ive changed. so first i reverted back to the standard one by flashing gv3.3 over the top.

didn't solve it.

i did a full wipe and reinstalled GV AND the manu kernal without booting. it had the same wifi issue.

i did another full wipe and installed just GV. it STILL has the issue...what the hell happened? LOL

Prior to this issue, Ive done countless wipes and reinstalled with the same GV3.3 zip file, trying other kernals like the manu2.0.1 or just leaving it as stock, wifi was fine, then recently it started dropping me.

ALSO its on 2 different WiFi (at work and home)

any idea? thanks

14th February 2012, 10:58 AM   |  #12034  
Thanks Meter: 22

78 posts
In wifi-settings you can set wifi to always stay on in standby...
The Following User Says Thank You to hyperteiL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2012, 11:01 AM   |  #12035  
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 642

1,074 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeister46

Hi All, i have an issue with wifi. It looks to drop the connection when it goes into sleep mode. I havent seen this particular issue mentioned in ages so i cant place what has caused it.

recently i upgraded to the new ManU kernal, at that time it didn't cause the issue, but its the latest thing ive changed. so first i reverted back to the standard one by flashing gv3.3 over the top.

didn't solve it.

i did a full wipe and reinstalled GV AND the manu kernal without booting. it had the same wifi issue.

i did another full wipe and installed just GV. it STILL has the issue...what the hell happened? LOL

Prior to this issue, Ive done countless wipes and reinstalled with the same GV3.3 zip file, trying other kernals like the manu2.0.1 or just leaving it as stock, wifi was fine, then recently it started dropping me.

ALSO its on 2 different WiFi (at work and home)

any idea? thanks

Change the wi-fi sleep policy to "Never"...
Go into settings, wireless & networks , wi-fi settings, press "menu" hard key then advanced, wi-fi sleep policy, "never".

Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to zedmarcus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2012, 11:07 AM   |  #12036  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
many thanks peeps. i'm embarrassed now i completely forgot that option was there.

thanks again

:eek:)
21st February 2012, 12:51 PM   |  #12037  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Bootloop
Got stuck in a bootloop today, after clearing the cache and dalvik cache. Need to reflash now...

This is the kind of thing I really hate about android. Maybe it's just my experiences, but I never feel that the OS is 100% stable. I always fear of having to reflash or do that sort of thing. I also think the file managing is really hard, since my SD card just fills up with all kind of folders from all kinds of apps, so i can't really see the forest trough the trees.
21st February 2012, 01:08 PM   |  #12038  
Recognized Themer
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,976

4,931 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyownage

Got stuck in a bootloop today, after clearing the cache and dalvik cache. Need to reflash now...

This is the kind of thing I really hate about android. Maybe it's just my experiences, but I never feel that the OS is 100% stable. I always fear of having to reflash or do that sort of thing. I also think the file managing is really hard, since my SD card just fills up with all kind of folders from all kinds of apps, so i can't really see the forest trough the trees.

When u wipe dalvik it seems to boot loop, but this is when the dalvik is rebuilding... for me with over 200 apps it sometimes takes a long time, up to half hour...

About you feeling the stableness of android... remember pure android (aosp) isn't supposed to be the desire... if you wanted 100% stable then I would suggest sticking with HTC sense, and not rooting at all...

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
21st February 2012, 01:22 PM   |  #12039  
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 642

1,074 posts
More
+1
If you wanted stable, then why root and flash custom roms? Having said that, GingerVillain was one of the most stable roms I've ever used.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
21st February 2012, 01:23 PM   |  #12040  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanwrx

When u wipe dalvik it seems to boot loop, but this is when the dalvik is rebuilding... for me with over 200 apps it sometimes takes a long time, up to half hour...

About you feeling the stableness of android... remember pure android (aosp) isn't supposed to be the desire... if you wanted 100% stable then I would suggest sticking with HTC sense, and not rooting at all...

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

hmm, maybe you are right at that, and it was rebuilding. Yet, after an hour of waiting without any kind of response I got fed up and just reflashed. Was acting quite slow anyway.

But I guess you are right about the stability, just need to weigh the balance against the speed/feature gain. I'm so used to custom roms now, i don't think i could ever go back. But most times it's the negative feelings that stick, in this case the bugs inside an unofficial OS or the fact that the HTC desire has almost none internal memory...

Thanks for your response

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, gingerbread, ota, villain
Previous Thread Next Thread