Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unlock button load delay

OP okhudeira

21st December 2010, 01:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I received my DVP Friday 17th Dec. After a few days of usage, I noticed that when I press the unlock button on the top right of the phone, there is about 1-2 second delay until the screen lights up and I can swipe the wallpaper overlay to unlock the phone.

I tried factory reset but nothing changed. Has anyone experienced this issue and found a solution? I compared the speed of my unlock with another DVP and the delay is noticeable.

Edit: At times, it takes 3-4 seconds to load, however, that usually happens 2/10 times.
Last edited by okhudeira; 21st December 2010 at 01:57 AM.
21st December 2010, 01:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

277 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhudeira

I received my DVP Friday 17th Dec. After a few days of usage, I noticed that when I press the unlock button on the top right of the phone, there is about 1-2 second delay until the screen lights up and I can swipe the wallpaper overlay to unlock the phone.

I tried factory reset but nothing changed. Has anyone experienced this issue and found a solution? I compared the speed of my unlock with another DVP and the delay is noticeable.

just wondering how do you factory reset the dvp.
21st December 2010, 01:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAUN231

just wondering how do you factory reset the dvp.

Go to Settings -> About -> "reset your phone"

A warning pops up stating:

Quote:

Resetting your phone will erase all your presonal content, including apps that you purchased and downloaded, and will restore the factory settings. Do you want to continue.

I just assumed thats factory reset.
21st December 2010, 02:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 42

509 posts
More
Quote:

Go to Settings -> About -> "reset your phone"

A warning pops up stating:

I just assumed thats factory reset.

i assume thats the only way to do hard reset; i tried the hardware button combinations, it seems none of them work
21st December 2010, 02:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
Quote:

Edit: At times, it takes 3-4 seconds to load, however, that usually happens 2/10 times.

I have an HTC Surround, and it always takes a second before the screen is completely lit up.
21st December 2010, 03:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
But I compared this with another DVP; there is a definite delay, even the owner of the other DVP noticed it.
21st December 2010, 05:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1

79 posts
More
It is possible it has something to do with the way the OS suspends active programs by tombstoning and then resuming.
23rd December 2010, 03:54 PM   |  #8  
Flag Midlothian, VA
Thanks Meter: 13

229 posts
More
I noticed a slight delay as well.. but sliding out the keyboard is instantaneous.. so thats how I boot mine up.
24th December 2010, 04:48 PM   |  #9  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1

79 posts
More
Tested this out on mine and I don't notice any delay.
26th December 2010, 08:51 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Yeah, its really frustrating. This only happens when I click the unlock button. Sliding the keyboard is instant but it seems that 4-5 second delays are becoming more and more common for my phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread