Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlock button load delay

Tip us?

okhudeira
Old
(Last edited by okhudeira; 21st December 2010 at 12:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unlock button load delay

I received my DVP Friday 17th Dec. After a few days of usage, I noticed that when I press the unlock button on the top right of the phone, there is about 1-2 second delay until the screen lights up and I can swipe the wallpaper overlay to unlock the phone.

I tried factory reset but nothing changed. Has anyone experienced this issue and found a solution? I compared the speed of my unlock with another DVP and the delay is noticeable.

Edit: At times, it takes 3-4 seconds to load, however, that usually happens 2/10 times.

SHAUN231
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhudeira View Post
I received my DVP Friday 17th Dec. After a few days of usage, I noticed that when I press the unlock button on the top right of the phone, there is about 1-2 second delay until the screen lights up and I can swipe the wallpaper overlay to unlock the phone.

I tried factory reset but nothing changed. Has anyone experienced this issue and found a solution? I compared the speed of my unlock with another DVP and the delay is noticeable.
just wondering how do you factory reset the dvp.

okhudeira
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAUN231 View Post
just wondering how do you factory reset the dvp.
Go to Settings -> About -> "reset your phone"

A warning pops up stating:

Quote:
Resetting your phone will erase all your presonal content, including apps that you purchased and downloaded, and will restore the factory settings. Do you want to continue.
I just assumed thats factory reset.

theclueless
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Go to Settings -> About -> "reset your phone"

A warning pops up stating:

I just assumed thats factory reset.
i assume thats the only way to do hard reset; i tried the hardware button combinations, it seems none of them work

ft55555
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

Edit: At times, it takes 3-4 seconds to load, however, that usually happens 2/10 times.
I have an HTC Surround, and it always takes a second before the screen is completely lit up.

okhudeira
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But I compared this with another DVP; there is a definite delay, even the owner of the other DVP noticed it.

sureloch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It is possible it has something to do with the way the OS suspends active programs by tombstoning and then resuming.

cdgoin
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I noticed a slight delay as well.. but sliding out the keyboard is instantaneous.. so thats how I boot mine up.
Smart Phones I owned in Chronological order..

HTC Universal (upgraded to WM6)
HTC Dash (upgraded to WM6)
HTC Dash 3G (My FAVORITE Phone)
HTC Tilt2 (AT&T Unlocked on Tmo - speaker went out)
HTC HD7 (Phone too big & no keyboard - and too delicate)
DELL DVP ( OS 7.8, FW 7720.219 )

Someone tell HTC we want a phone like the DVP, if they make it I will buy. I NEED a Portrait QWERTY WP8 device.

That or the 2010 HTC Trophy "protoype" (See Avatar)

sureloch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Tested this out on mine and I don't notice any delay.

okhudeira
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, its really frustrating. This only happens when I click the unlock button. Sliding the keyboard is instant but it seems that 4-5 second delays are becoming more and more common for my phone.