1. DON'T expect it will work out of box.
2. DON'T expect it will be as light and fast as Gingerbread.
3. DON'T expect that some legacy problem will disappear
4. Reboot your phone at lease twice after flashing or installing, after 1st boot into setting screen, long press the right button to recall the boot menu, reboot. Can not use /Update_DL method to install app before 3rd reboot.
5. For this version, due to the base has been changed throughly, can not use previous data.img or ext4, remove existing data.img and set data_img=1 to let system generate one for you, or set format_ext4=1 to format your ext4 if you are using ext4
6. DON'T set any config for 1st installation except data_img=1(for data.img) or format_ext4=1(for ext4 user). if your have tmous phone, no need the config.txt.
7. For SD or magldr, if 1st installation failed, must delete the system.ext2 file under /Desire_DL to let system convert it again.
8. Use Windows notepad create a file named config.txt, save it under /Desire_DL, only need to put the necessary config inside it, say:
Important Release Note
This build is another endeavor by freak and me to improve the performance of our build, now, besides our existing optimization methods: squashfs, ext4, etc, this build has been added in the following features to improve it performance furthermore:
1. AUFS + SquashFS.
this is the 1st android version that can support the aufs+squashfs, we
even worked with the author of aufs to make it usable to android.
a lot of innovations within this build from the technical perspective,
for users, the benefit of it are:
a. high performance
b. despite of squashfs is used to reduce the size of file system, user
still be able to change any file directly with the power of aufs.
c. a lot of frequent accessed files are squashed and loaded into ram
to improve the performance.
there flood a lot of misleading messages on xda of odexed, same as
squashfs. Odex can actually improve system performance, and at the
same time, reduce the whole system's size(because the odex is
optimized dex), and odex build has less chance of system crash that
lead to wipe the davlik-cache. an odex build doest not generate the
davlik-cache which is odexed.
3. Re-Engineering Sense:
All the apps and framework were re-compiled and reduced the size to get the lowest RAM consuming and Highest performance.
4. Merged DesireZ and DesireHD into one.
Merged the advantage features from both DesireZ and DesireHD into one build.
Note: you are always appreciated if you can help upload the converted system.ext2 for SD/MAGLDR, how to do:
after your system successfully boot into sense, and feel the performance is great, delete the system.img and data.img, zip the /Desire_DL folder and upload it, for some ppl have problem of converting the system.ext2 from system.img.
2. Please indicate the following information when asking for help:
a. your phone modal: EU or TMOUS modal.
b. your loading mode: NAND, SD or MAGLDR
c. Please post the content of init.log(this file is on the root of your sdcard).
3. Please be patient and polite.
4. We(myself and freak) will only answer question that follows the above rules, thanks!!!
1. the 1st digit is for the build base, say DesireZ v4.xxx, is for the v4.0 base which based on the HTC RUU 1.85.
2. the 2nd field is for the subversion, normally, x.0 means the first relase which should based on a totally new base, and from x.0 till x.3, there will be a lot fix and testing, if you want a stable version, DON'T use it, and the build will be stabilized after x.4.
3. the 3rd field is for the init version, currently, our init is at v42, which is also not a stable version.
4. the 4th field will be used for the kernel, currently, freak is working on it, and will have the 1st kernel soon.
Thanks happyendin21 for recording this wonderful video, which demonstrate my build v2.1 and v2.6
Older SD version:
DL DesireZ v1.0 DL DesireZ v0.3n
For version before v3.0
- extract "desire_z" folder on the root of your SD card
- Run "CLRCAD.exe" then "haret.exe"
After reading about Dan Rosenberg’s bootloader exploit for the Samsung Galaxy S 4,I … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?