Update on LiveView™
The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ micro display has now been available for a while and we see more and more 3rd party developers starting to add support for it in their applications. The idea with the LiveView™ really is to leverage on 3rd party innovation so I’m glad to see that there already are quite a few developers creating plug-ins for it.
The currently available plug-ins span from using it as a notifier to more creative ideas like using it to pretend you’ve got a phone call.
These are the plug-ins that I found on Android Market as of now with short explanations.
• Moon Phase Pro: 3D interactive simulation of the moon.
• LiveView™ HTC Music plug-in: Music plug-in for HTC phones.
• OI Shopping List: Shop easily with your LiveView™.
• FakeCall for LiveView™: Trigger sounds and vibration on your Android phone.
• LiveView™ ContactCall plug-in: Lets you browse contacts and initiate a call.
• LiveView™ for Cycle Hire: Quickly access and safely access docking station statuses for London’s TfL Barclays Cycle Hire scheme.
• LiveView™ Weather plug-in: Show current weather forecast in your location.
• SportyPal: Motivational training tool that gives you a view of your work-out.
• Launcher plug-in: Display your application icons on the LiveView™.
• Smart Training: GPS tracker tool, post your training record.
• Where am I LiveView™ plug-in: Shows a map of your current location.
• LiveView™ PowerAMP: Control any music player.
• Gmail for LiveView™: Gmail notifications plug-in that also lets you read the first part of the e-mail.
• Se-first.com news alert: RSS notifier for Se-first.com
• Calendar plug-in: Gives you an overview of your calendar and you can scroll and dive into a daily agenda.
• Twitter icon plug-in: Shows your Twitter icon or a QR-code so that you can spread your Twitter-url.
• Mode plug-in: Profile manager that lets you switch between silent, vibrate etc.
• Psps Ikina: To be honest I’m not really sure what this does, I guess I’m outside the target group :) If you know please enlighten me!