Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unroot ?

Tip us?

Sighcosis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Unroot ?

So being new to the android system and having some experience in the past with WinMo and ROMS and flashing the 1st thing I did with my USSC Mesmerize was to of course root it. No reason.

Used z4root and worked perfect (I guess.LOL) Now have Root Explorer and Superuser.

1st question... Is there a way to unring the bell and Unroot or Reroot. *still learning some new terminology*.

2nd Question.. If I flash with a ROM (once I find one that sounds good) will it be possible to do a hard reset back to factory settings through the Power Button/volume button method. (used that one once as I installed and played with different apps to find what I wanted and needed) It shows a menu when rebooting giving a few options on reset.

Last. If anyone can point me to the Roid Hacking for Dummys section I would be forever grateful. Plans are to learn the ROM processes and work into some app development. (some coding experience and chronic insomniac).

BTW Nice to meet ya all ..

and I thought my Crackberry was addictive

skitzo_inc
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighcosis View Post

1st question... Is there a way to unring the bell and Unroot or Reroot. *still learning some new terminology*.
I'm using z4root as well. It gives an unroot option at the main screen. I would assume this would unroot the phone, but I am new as well. My phone unroots everytime I put a new ROM on it, which is strange...

Quote:
2nd Question.. If I flash with a ROM (once I find one that sounds good) will it be possible to do a hard reset back to factory settings through the Power Button/volume button method. (used that one once as I installed and played with different apps to find what I wanted and needed) It shows a menu when rebooting giving a few options on reset.
Restore Files

Quote:
Last. If anyone can point me to the Roid Hacking for Dummys section I would be forever grateful. Plans are to learn the ROM processes and work into some app development. (some coding experience and chronic insomniac).

I'm learning but reading and rereading everything. I don't want to offer his help for him, but I know that phidelt82 has been a massive help to me. I cannot thank him enough.

I came from a crackberry as well and this is way more addictive, haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to skitzo_inc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phidelt82
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
So being new to the android system and having some experience in the past with WinMo and ROMS and flashing the 1st thing I did with my USSC Mesmerize was to of course root it. No reason.

Used z4root and worked perfect (I guess.LOL) Now have Root Explorer and Superuser.

To unroot, I would use Super One Click. It is posted in these forums, just do a search and you should easily find it. Once you have it on a Windows PC or virtualbox, you just have to plug your phone in and click UnRoot.

Once you flash a new ROM, if you do a factory reset, all you will be doing is resetting what is stock for that particular ROM. If you want to go back to stock, you will have to flash the stock files using Odin, or flash a stock ROM and unroot it.

Lastly, if you are considering getting in to developing, it is a lot of fun. Be prepared to learn Linux if you don't already know it. Unfortunately, from what I've found in the learning process, there isn't much in the way of a complete document or guide to tell you how to do it. You just fumble around and learn by trial and error piecing what you read together from other phones and talking to people who are already developing. I have only been involved for a month or so, but I'm willing to help you out with whatever I can. We definitely need more people in the mix.

phidelt82
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzo_inc View Post
I'm using z4root as well. It gives an unroot option at the main screen. I would assume this would unroot the phone, but I am new as well. My phone unroots everytime I put a new ROM on it, which is strange...

Restore Files

I'm learning but reading and rereading everything. I don't want to offer his help for him, but I know that phidelt82 has been a massive help to me. I cannot thank him enough.

I came from a crackberry as well and this is way more addictive, haha.
I must have been writing at the same time your were. lol... I'm definitely here to help.

Sighcosis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
1st and formost.. Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

I am about to try my 1st flash with the Super Clean mod on these forums.

I do have one other question.

is the MEZ basically same as Fascinate? Can we use same ROMS ?

phidelt82
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
1st and formost.. Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

I am about to try my 1st flash with the Super Clean mod on these forums.

I do have one other question.

is the MEZ basically same as Fascinate? Can we use same ROMS ?
DO NOT FLASH FASCINATE ROMS... it will make you're phone barf... lol

really though. don't flash anything that isn't for the Mesmerize. I can be dangerous.

but yes they are exactly the same... only different. when you look in our firmware there is still a bunch of leftover vzw crap in there.

Sighcosis
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Thanks .. LOL seen Fac listed in Clockwork in Downloadable ROMS area. Good thing I wasn't in a adventurous mood tonight .. LOL

imyp
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I am thinking about flashing the superclean rom, but I'm still a little hesitent until I read into it more. I'm new to phone freedom, my crackberry was not nearly as fun as this phone is. I can't wait to see what we can come up with in the future.

skitzo_inc
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyp View Post
I am thinking about flashing the superclean rom, but I'm still a little hesitent until I read into it more. I'm new to phone freedom, my crackberry was not nearly as fun as this phone is. I can't wait to see what we can come up with in the future.
I'm still using the pick and pack rom. I like being able to choose what programs I want to keep, rather than having all or none. I flashed with the voodoo and it's significantly faster.

I'm also a former blackberry user and I agree, these phones are freedom.
If you need any help, feel free to ask. I'm new to this and still getting a lot of help from phidelt82, but I'll do my best. I save all my chat files and am making a list of what exactly to do in order to get backups going, flash roms, install kernals, etc.

swampthing1117
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've never been able to actually get superoneclick to connect to my phone. it just sits there saying waiting for phone and kinda locks up.