5,594,748 Members 36,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair

Tip us?

rationalxde
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for all the reply. Problem solved.
The problem was with my laptop. Some setting in my laptop stop the KDZ update from finding my phone. Anyways switched to another laptop it worked out charmingly.

The_ERROR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalxde View Post
Thanks for all the reply. Problem solved.
The problem was with my laptop. Some setting in my laptop stop the KDZ update from finding my phone. Anyways switched to another laptop it worked out charmingly.
Have you some tips where can be problem? I would like to add these into OP. It can help others.

mvgadagi
Old
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_ERROR View Post
Hi, because with last update increased count of people with bricket phone, I just tryed search for way how to repair this phone. It seems, that last possible way how to save your phone is emergency mode.

I would like to notify you, that I didn't tested it (I'm had not luck enough to brick my phone yet ). I just searched and tried write this for help to others.

So, let's go on.

1) If it's not possible connect to phone via ADB (in Adroid SDK/tools run "adb shell") at all you will try next steps. If it will work, you can use another, verified tools like custom recovery or KDZ_FW_UPD (search on forum for more) [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500, )

2) If you fail in previous step, you can try enter into emergency mode manually and try to flash ROM with KDZ_FW_UPD:
  1. Download KDZ updater and uncompress it
    http://www.4shared.com/file/UleS4dP3/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.html
  2. Install msxml.msi from the uncompressed directory
  3. Charge your battery to almost full state (I'm not sure, but it can be reason if phone doesn't start)
  4. Turn phone off somehow (remove battery etc.)
  5. Install drivers properly
    • Get rid of all usb drivers like Nokia, microsoft visual ++ run time environments
    • Install the LG drivers by selecting the update manager from the lg site
    • Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.
  6. Press and keep pressed "Volume up"+"Return" and connect USB cable to phone
  7. Yellow screen with text emergency mode should appeared
  8. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
  9. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (Has administrator).
    Select Type : 3GQCT (I have one report that CDMA mod works too)
    Select PhoneMode : DIAG (in case of fail try EMERGENCY, and as last chance use CS_EMERGENCY)
  10. I Recommend do not switch phone off. There was some people, which done it and after they were not be able to turn it on again. If flashing failed, just select some another mode and try it again, again, try shake/connect disconnect, again, again....
  11. In KDZ file : Choose the ROM file you downloaded in the first step
  12. Press Launch software update
  13. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
  14. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone
  15. Press the three button combo for HW reset of device i.e volume up + home + power button
List to do based on Zecanilis's [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

3) Still no success? Wait for more "What I can do" or just go to LG and let repair on them.

Source:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f282...avido-1166478/ (included file named "Flash help.txt" in application)
http://android.modaco.com/content/lg...erence-thread/

Please let me know if it works. I just searched for way and I haven't possibility to test this steps for now. I will do update if it will be necessary, same as I will try describe more about software which I founded.

Some experiences from thread(s):

About shaking (sorry, but I still can't believe... )

What about lgmdp
Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App

The_ERROR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 343
I heard about....but for now there is no too much people which tested it well, but for now it seems that it is more save than KDZ. I'm monitoring it and if it will be ok, I will rewrite/add it into OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_ERROR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rationalxde
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_ERROR View Post
Have you some tips where can be problem? I would like to add these into OP. It can help others.
I guess the tip is if KDZ can not find your phone  when doing software update, try another comp uter.
I do not know what exactly on my laotop stopped the KDZ from finding my phone. My laptop is from work and the security department puts all kinds of security software on it.

GForceZA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Radio and IMEI missing on my device after using LGMPD

Hi guys

I tried to update to Gingerbread using LGMPD, the installation timed out, and after restoring from Nandroid, I was left with no IMEI or radio, even after trying to restore them from the NV back up...

Any help? Thanks!
Devices: Motorola RAZR ; ASUS Transformer T101
SA Networks: Cell C
Current Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Proudly South African!

sweetbinodray
Old
Thanks Meter 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceZA View Post
Hi guys

I tried to update to Gingerbread using LGMPD, the installation timed out, and after restoring from Nandroid, I was left with no IMEI or radio, even after trying to restore them from the NV back up...

Any help? Thanks!
Try to restore NV backup. Without this no solution or you can ask some one from your country to give you valid NV.
If you Like my work please feel free to download one of my paid App. It just keeps me working. All of my Paid and Free Apps can be found on Playstore. Find my all free icon collections in one place.

Follow Me on G+ for most recent updates

lekhwani
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbinodray View Post
Try to restore NV backup. Without this no solution or you can ask some one from your country to give you valid NV.
Nv can be donated from a user residing in different countries only. Afaik.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

sam811
Old
Thanks Meter 27
@The_ERROR, time to add 1 more thing to the first page

Quote:
do a simple reboot after installing clockworkmod recovery.
2 of my friends are stuck at fast boot mode after doing the wrong way (going for recovery without reboot). i did the same a few weeks ago & was instead stuck at LG logo.

sweetbinodray
Old
(Last edited by sweetbinodray; 5th July 2011 at 06:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2780
Enter in emergency mode and flash it via kdz. Done

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App
If you Like my work please feel free to download one of my paid App. It just keeps me working. All of my Paid and Free Apps can be found on Playstore. Find my all free icon collections in one place.

Follow Me on G+ for most recent updates