[Tutorial] Upgrade your HTC HD7 memory to 32 GB

Search This thread

Wolfman017

Jan 11, 2008
Toulouse
Note: sorry for my english... :D
French version avalaible here : http://www.monsmartphone.net/gonfler-son-htc-hd7-a-32-go-t1036.html

If you think your HTC HD7 is too short with his 8 GB memory, here is a detailed tutorial on how to give it a little boost to 32 GB ! Here is, step by step, how to do it. You can clic on photos to get them in high res...

WARNING : this tutorial needs you to open your smartphone completely, and may unvalidate your warranty. If you upgrade your HD7, you do it at your own risk !!

Read this tutorial entirely before begining anything.

!!! This memory change will completely erase the content of your phone. Backup it before !!

You will need the following tools :
- A HTC HD7 (yeah, easy...)
- A Sandisk MicroSD 32 GB Card : Warning !! Ony some references are compatible. Check the compatibility list at the end of this tutorial.
- A Torx screwdriver - Size : 0.4
- A little plastic card, like a fidelity card (little size)
- Tweezers
- A piece of paper

Remove the battery cover, the battery itself, and you SIM card :

Now, you need to remove the bottom cover. To do this, insert the plastic card inside, and pull upside gently. It will be a little hard, just do it quietly until it "clics". Do the same on the other side, and finish removing the cover :

Take the screwdriver. At minimum, you will need to remove the 3 screws marked by red arrows. Personaly, I remove the 3 screws marked by the green arrows too for more confort. One of the screws is hidden by a VOID sticker (which unvalidates the warranty if you remove it). Either you don't remove this sticker, the other black screws will scratched by the screwdriver, and you will lose warranty in all cases.

Now, pull the plastic framework upside with your finger, to get access to the MicroSD card reader :

The MicroSD card is protected by a "metallic" sticker. Unstick it, and tear it below the plastic framework. You cannot remove it completely :

If you don't want to be annoyed by this sticker, place your piece of paper on it. Now push the memory card in his reader with the tweezers : you will here a clic. Release, the card will be ejected :

Take the MicroSD card with the tweezers, and remove it :

There you are. Now insert your brand new memory card, and reassemble your phone following the previous steps.

Once your phone is reassembled, put your SIM card, the battery, and close the cover.
To turn it on, push the two volume buttons, and keep them pushed while pressing the Power button :

Keep the volume buttons pressed until you see this message :

Press the Down Volume button to confirm the Hard reset :

Press again the Down Volume button to restart the phone. Follow the Windows Phone configuration wizard, then reboot your phone again (just a simple reboot).
And "voilà" ! A HTC HD7 with full memory !!! :D

Updated on 28th April 2011 :
Compatible 32GB card :
- Sandisk SDSDQ-032G-J35 (Class 4 - Asian market)
- Sandisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 (Class 2 or Class 4)

Avoid these references :
- Sandisk SDSDQ-032G-E11M (Class 2 or 4)

Last edited:

gamefrick

Jan 1, 2009
If I ever run out of my "16GB" of space, ofcourse I'll probably be doing this.

But thanks for this..

How did you figure this out if I may ask?? Just snooping around ey!

Reactions: Tuskuno

VizagDude

Jan 31, 2007
New York
Good tutorial Pal. and Nice pictures too. Did you see any issues related to performance or accessing your media and games after you upgraded the MSD card?

Thanked you for this thread.

Wolfman017

Jan 11, 2008
Toulouse
OK, HD7 charged with more than 6500 photos (2 GB), and about 20GB of music ! No problem, it rocks :)

I only noticed a longer boot time (about 1 or 2 minutes)

element332

Dec 30, 2008
Brno
Hey,

i already swapped my HD7 card for 32 Gb one long time ago. And it works great.

I have a question to all the people who swapped their cards too. Did anyone tried to use the old card from WP7 phone in other different WP7 phone.

I have my old 16 gb card from HD7 lying in the drawer doing nothing and now my friend bought HTC Trophy with only 8 gb of memory.

So i was wondering whether he can put my old HD7 card to his Trophy...???? Is it going to work..?

THX

theclueless

Jul 30, 2008
Chicago
worth mentioning: you just need to remove the lower right screw closest to the sdcard (the one below the screw with "void" sticker), then slightly lift the cover up using the screw driver, then use a flat head to push the sdcard out/in, so you dont need to void the warranty

Wolfman017

Jan 11, 2008
Toulouse
Hello,

Where did you purchase your sd card fom ?

Struggling to find a decent dealer in France for a Sandisk 32 Go =(

I bought mine from this dealer : http://shop.ebay.fr/labayatxi/m.html
But it seems he does not have cards anymore. Maybe you should ask him if he can get new cards ? I bought it 50€, and it had been sent very quickly (I received it the day after my order).

xchuiix

Apr 12, 2010
Tj
Nice!!! =)
I have a 32Gb on my HD2... and i´ll keep it there. 16Gb on the HD7 its just fine.... for now!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: sorry for my english... :D
    French version avalaible here : http://www.monsmartphone.net/gonfler-son-htc-hd7-a-32-go-t1036.html

If you think your HTC HD7 is too short with his 8 GB memory, here is a detailed tutorial on how to give it a little boost to 32 GB ! Here is, step by step, how to do it. You can clic on photos to get them in high res...

WARNING : this tutorial needs you to open your smartphone completely, and may unvalidate your warranty. If you upgrade your HD7, you do it at your own risk !!

Read this tutorial entirely before begining anything.

!!! This memory change will completely erase the content of your phone. Backup it before !!

You will need the following tools :
    - A HTC HD7 (yeah, easy...)
    - A Sandisk MicroSD 32 GB Card : Warning !! Ony some references are compatible. Check the compatibility list at the end of this tutorial.
    - A Torx screwdriver - Size : 0.4
    - A little plastic card, like a fidelity card (little size)
    - Tweezers
    - A piece of paper

Remove the battery cover, the battery itself, and you SIM card :

Now, you need to remove the bottom cover. To do this, insert the plastic card inside, and pull upside gently. It will be a little hard, just do it quietly until it "clics". Do the same on the other side, and finish removing the cover :

Take the screwdriver. At minimum, you will need to remove the 3 screws marked by red arrows. Personaly, I remove the 3 screws marked by the green arrows too for more confort. One of the screws is hidden by a VOID sticker (which unvalidates the warranty if you remove it). Either you don't remove this sticker, the other black screws will scratched by the screwdriver, and you will lose warranty in all cases.

Now, pull the plastic framework upside with your finger, to get access to the MicroSD card reader :

The MicroSD card is protected by a "metallic" sticker. Unstick it, and tear it below the plastic framework. You cannot remove it completely :

If you don't want to be annoyed by this sticker, place your piece of paper on it. Now push the memory card in his reader with the tweezers : you will here a clic. Release, the card will be ejected :

Take the MicroSD card with the tweezers, and remove it :

There you are. Now insert your brand new memory card, and reassemble your phone following the previous steps.

Once your phone is reassembled, put your SIM card, the battery, and close the cover.
    To turn it on, push the two volume buttons, and keep them pushed while pressing the Power button :

Keep the volume buttons pressed until you see this message :

Press the Down Volume button to confirm the Hard reset :

Press again the Down Volume button to restart the phone. Follow the Windows Phone configuration wizard, then reboot your phone again (just a simple reboot).
    And "voilà" ! A HTC HD7 with full memory !!! :D

Updated on 28th April 2011 :
    Compatible 32GB card :
    - Sandisk SDSDQ-032G-J35 (Class 4 - Asian market)
    - Sandisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 (Class 2 or Class 4)

Avoid these references :
    - Sandisk SDSDQ-032G-E11M (Class 2 or 4)
    I putting money on, that this voids your warranty.

Just keep the 16gb card spare, put it back in if it needs to go back for warranty, simple.
    Hello,

Where did you purchase your sd card fom ?

Struggling to find a decent dealer in France for a Sandisk 32 Go =(

I bought mine from this dealer : http://shop.ebay.fr/labayatxi/m.html
    But it seems he does not have cards anymore. Maybe you should ask him if he can get new cards ? I bought it 50€, and it had been sent very quickly (I received it the day after my order).
    Of course it does void it...maybe I should add "steel balls" in the necessary tools list ? :D
    Wow...although I don't really feel like doing this, its amazing.

:eek::eek::eek: