Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] Upgrade your HTC HD7 memory to 32 GB

Tip us?

dorianmuthig
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCow5 View Post
I am now out of spirit for the day.

I went to six T-Mobile stores [...] not one of them had a nokia phone.
They're supposed to have the Nokia 5230 Nuron in stock and at least one display model... I have my doubts they're selling that well since most carrier ads focus on on "free" feature phones or Blackberry and Windows smartphones.

I can offer you to format your card for free (just like upgrading your phone storage and/or software, upgrades are not free), if you're willing to send it to Germany and pay for return shipping.
Return shipping for any standard envelope shipment with 5mm or less thickness and up to 20 grams is EUR 0.75 (uninsured, without tracking and proof of shipment), EUR 2.80 (uninsured, with tracking and proof of shipment) or EUR 4.30 (insured for up to EUR 100, with tracking and proof of shipment), priority mail is EUR 3.45 extra and cannot be combined with proof of shipment (e.g. you have to sign for it and are guaranteed it gets to you and only you) but includes tracking.
This is for any envelope shipment up to 20 grams (you could cheat with helium filled bubble wrap... j/k) so you could send multiple cards (e.g. your old one from your HTC Windows Phone 7). If you send anything (my address is publicly available), please tell me about it in advance and negotiate procedure and return methods.
La la... laaa... la!
The Following User Says Thank You to dorianmuthig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr.8820
Old
Thanks Meter 132
i decided to throw caution in the wind and try it anyways....been watching netflix with no lag....all my stuff synced with zune....i'll keep testing and report back...but thanks so much op, i wish i could hit your thanks button a million times !
HTC RhodiumW (Sprint)Retired but active
HTC Leo(T-MobileUSA)Stolen
HTC HD7 64GB (T-Mobile)In Use
Nokia Lumia 810 (TMOUSA)Stolen
Samsung Galaxy Note III (TMO_US)

Dr.8820
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
I have a SanDisk 32gb class 2 from Verizon sdsdqr-32768-v11m, can that be used?
i think this number should be added to the list of good cards.....i bought this from verizon in august 2010, it's been 3 days and no issues what-so-ever .

dorianmuthig
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i think this number should be added to the list of good cards.....i bought this from verizon in august 2010, it's been 3 days and no issues what-so-ever .
This card is not on the model number list of official SanDisk cards. If it works, good for you. I do not know which type of SD card Verizon repackaged and rebranded, nor is there a rule about which exact model type they sell. If it does indeed keep working and provides sufficient speeds for video recording and the random access behaviour of applications running in the background, you might just have gotten lucky with your card.
La la... laaa... la!

pinoypayter
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Do you guys think:
goo(DOT)gl/pULRt
would work, the item model number is SDSDQM032GB35A.

dorianmuthig
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoypayter View Post
Do you guys think:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDSDQM...2/ref=lh_ni_t_
would work, the item model number is SDSDQM032GB35A.
Yes, this card works. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=43
La la... laaa... la!
The Following User Says Thank You to dorianmuthig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djidji777
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I found on ebay Sandisk MicroSD Class 2 card, model SDSDQ-032G-E11M, what do you think, would this card work in HD7?

dorianmuthig
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djidji777 View Post
I found on ebay Sandisk MicroSD Class 2 card, model SDSDQ-032G-E11M, what do you think, would this card work in HD7?
No, this card will not work as it does only have Class 2 performance. You need a card with Class 4 performance. You should use one of the listed cards to be on the safe side, many Class 4 SanDisk cards aren't genuine SanDisk cards, especially if they ship from China or Hong Kong, because the real Class 4 cards are still rather rare. And only a few of the newer Class 2 cards may be actual Class 4 cards, like the SDSDQM-032G-B35(A) (the A only means it comes with a transflash adapter).
La la... laaa... la!

Dr.8820
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorianmuthig View Post
No, this card will not work as it does only have Class 2 performance. You need a card with Class 4 performance. You should use one of the listed cards to be on the safe side, many Class 4 SanDisk cards aren't genuine SanDisk cards, especially if they ship from China or Hong Kong, because the real Class 4 cards are still rather rare. And only a few of the newer Class 2 cards may be actual Class 4 cards, like the SDSDQM-032G-B35(A) (the A only means it comes with a transflash adapter).
i don't want you to take this the wrong way, as we are here to help each other ....but are you a sandisk employee? the op said oem sandisk and class 2, you're saying no...i bought a oem class 2 from verizon and it works. maybe you might be wrong (and again, not trying to start a flamewar).

dorianmuthig
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i don't want you to take this the wrong way, as we are here to help each other ....but are you a sandisk employee? the op said oem sandisk and class 2, you're saying no...i bought a oem class 2 from verizon and it works. maybe you might be wrong (and again, not trying to start a flamewar).
No, I am not a SanDisk employee. But you need a genuine OEM class 4, retail class 4 or a generic class card with class 4 performance. As there is no way to tell which type of card Verizon sold to you, since they likely buy them in bulk and repackage them with their own packaging. If they sold you a class 2 card it likely performs like a class 2 card (2MB/s sustained write speed with random memory alignment blocks (usually 512KB)) and there is no telling about the random (4KB blocks) write speed. This means, if this card works fine for you, because you've got a card from a certain well performing OEM shipment, it may not work as well for others. Also, the common supplier for any type of bulk SanDisk cards is a resale unit in Shenzhen, China, which occasionally gets their hands on malfuncioning, offbook manufactured or even fake cards.
This is a very good read on the subject: http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=918
La la... laaa... la!