Thread Deleted

Using Custom MTD with Acer Liquid E?

OP ohcanada

22nd December 2010, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

104 posts
More
I was using HTC Dream before and I got this new Acer liquid E yesterday. The speed of the phone is just amazing. Sadly the ppl in rogers store said this phone has bad reputation.

I only have 150MB free internal storage in my first boot. This is not acceptable man.....My HTC dream can have 113MB with Custom MTD. Acer liquid E has 512ROM and Dream only has 256MB.

So I'm thinking maybe we can use the script and modifiy the system partition value a bit. At the end we may have 300MB+ of free internal storeage space.
24th December 2010, 05:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I think you should check out the liquid forums over at modaco. There is a large liquid/liquid e community.

android.modaco.com/category/418/acer-liquid-liquid-modaco-com/
30th December 2010, 09:26 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 194

3,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanada

I was using HTC Dream before and I got this new Acer liquid E yesterday. The speed of the phone is just amazing. Sadly the ppl in rogers store said this phone has bad reputation.

I only have 150MB free internal storage in my first boot. This is not acceptable man.....My HTC dream can have 113MB with Custom MTD. Acer liquid E has 512ROM and Dream only has 256MB.

So I'm thinking maybe we can use the script and modifiy the system partition value a bit. At the end we may have 300MB+ of free internal storeage space.

try flashing the test zip in
http://www.mediafire.com/?u8k1uhx1juazm

and review the file it spits to /sdcard

stick it in pastebin.com and I can take a look if it makes no sense to you
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread