[ROM] 08/Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus S
You MUST WIPE YOUR DEVICE
before flashing this ROM UNLESS
you are upgrading from an earlier release. This is due to the resigning of key components with the AOSP platform key, to facilitate skinning / customising etc.
Features at this time:
- Based on the GRJ22 (2.3.4) release
- Packaged for ClockworkMod 188.8.131.52+
- Rebuilt using the MoDaCo MCR optimisation scripts
- Includes MCK custom kernel with TUN and CIFS modules
- Incorporates supercurio's EXT4 performance tweak
- Full up to date Google experience + additional apps (including new look Market)
- HSPA icon differentiation ('H' icon when transferring data via HSPA)
- Insecure boot image
- su / Superuser.apk root
- Support for running scripts from /etc/init.d at startup
- Terminfo support (for nano etc)
- Optional 'allow SIP over non-WiFi connections' in the kitchen
- Semi-transparent notification pull-down
- Optional 'Spare Parts' app
- Optional radio updates (latest update recommended!)
- Removed Browser zoom buttons
- framework-res and core libraries / apks are signed with the 'platform' certificate from AOSP, aiding those who wish to edit the framework-res / SystemUI.apk to theme. Simply extract, edit, resign with the platform certificate and push the file.
- A bunch of other stuff that i've forgotten
Installation is recommended via ClockworkMod recovery, which MUST be version 184.108.40.206 or above. ENSURE YOU HAVE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
- READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo.
Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien
Follow MoDaCo Android on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco
Want to donate?
MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.