5,605,250 Members 38,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Create you own custom ROM for i5800

Tip us?

madhuranand007
Old
(Last edited by madhuranand007; 23rd December 2010 at 07:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb Create you own custom ROM for i5800

I think if there is any developer, he can use this link to make a custom firmware.

The link is from the i9000 and hope that someone made custom ROM for i5800 by using this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44&postcount=1

Originally written by : Nokia7Vista

EdisDee
Old
Thanks Meter 54
ok, almost everything matches except where can get the "RomBasics.zip" from the tutorial for my i5800?

HSaber
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Here is the RomBasics.zip for I-5800 this is based on I5800XXJK1 rom "Eclair 2.1"

uploaded to many sites

the download link in the attached text file

Use it at your own risk I won't be hold responsible if you break, damage your phone
Attached Files
File Type: txt rombasics.txt - [Click for QR Code] (37 Bytes, 402 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to HSaber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Techie87
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSaber View Post
Here is the RomBasics.zip for I-5800 this is based on I5800XXJK1 rom "Eclair 2.1"

uploaded to many sites

the download link in the attached text file

Use it at your own risk I won't be hold responsible if you break, damage your phone
Great ! Many thanks for this!
If you like my work, consider a donation.

masterg0g0
Old
Thanks Meter 31
so when the kitchen is ready.. we are good to build roms? how do we port the .32 kernel here and replace this ? will it work if u just replace the zimage? .. i also heard somewhere that playing with the kernel doesnt brik the fon ?

EdisDee
Old
Thanks Meter 54
could someone please share rombasics.zip based on FROYO?

precurse
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterg0g0 View Post
so when the kitchen is ready.. we are good to build roms? how do we port the .32 kernel here and replace this ? will it work if u just replace the zimage? .. i also heard somewhere that playing with the kernel doesnt brik the fon ?
It can soft brick the phone.. Meaning the phone may not boot past the i5800(i) screen. If you see that screen, it means that you can't get past the Second Boot Loader (Sbl.bin). Reflashing with a good zImage should fix that problem.

That screen usually means there's an issue with the way the kernel was flashed, or the kernel/initramfs (both are contained in the zImage).
The Following User Says Thank You to precurse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

masterg0g0
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by precurse View Post
It can soft brick the phone.. Meaning the phone may not boot past the i5800(i) screen. If you see that screen, it means that you can't get past the Second Boot Loader (Sbl.bin). Reflashing with a good zImage should fix that problem.

That screen usually means there's an issue with the way the kernel was flashed, or the kernel/initramfs (both are contained in the zImage).
Cool.. i will try to cook my self a rom.. removing and adding what i want ... so i understand that the file inrombasic.zip is eclair ? i cud have done some real developing but my work takes away some time.. so i can only try to cook some rom at d moment.. Happy new yr

kyrillos13
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4975

DONATE TO ME
Default Jpf rombasics

anyone have a link for JPF ROMBASICS?