FORUMS

Android M Brings Granular Permission Controls

Google I/O 2015 is underway,  and Sundar Pichai opened the event with the usual … more

Watch the Google I/O 2015 Livestream Here

Google’s annual I/O 2015 Developer Conference is about to go live from Moscone West in … more

OnePlus Plans To Take Back #NeverSettle From Verizon

#NeverSettleBack in 2014, this seemingly innocent and kind of … more

OnePlus Two: Expectations and Boundaries

OnePlus is a company that has been through controversies and praise in what was perhaps one of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] Gingerbread

24th December 2010, 03:12 AM |#1  
Adiost's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 473
 
Donate to Me
More
Yep. It is Gingerbread.
Pic: clip2net.com/clip/m24930/1293160187-clip-437kb.png (Sry for poor quality lol, my only camera is my phone, so I got pic from ****ty webcam).
Actually, I don't think that I can release... even nightly build before 2011 and that's why so:
- Camera, Accelerometer, GPS, Bluetooth, Light sensor, LED, Speaker - not working at all
- More than half of apps crashes.
- Power management. The only way to turn off the phone - ejecting battery lol
- Absolute unstability. Freezes, lags, random crashes etc.

What's done:
- Yaaaay I launched it! (I mean nothing.)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adiost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
24th December 2010, 03:32 AM |#2  
Adiost's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 473
 
Donate to Me
More
Okaaay, I can't install any apps -_- Installer crashes right after launching
24th December 2010, 09:20 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiost

Yep. It is Gingerbread.
Pic: clip2net.com/clip/m24930/1293160187-clip-437kb.png (Sry for poor quality lol, my only camera is my phone, so I got pic from ****ty webcam).
Actually, I don't think that I can release... even nightly build before 2011 and that's why so:
- Camera, Accelerometer, GPS, Bluetooth, Light sensor, LED, Speaker - not working at all
- More than half of apps crashes.
- Power management. The only way to turn off the phone - ejecting battery lol
- Absolute unstability. Freezes, lags, random crashes etc.

What's done:
- Yaaaay I launched it! (I mean nothing.)

But it's a start
24th December 2010, 10:27 AM |#4  
ali ba's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Please, don't release gingerbread before I do. That hurts my feelings.




No, I'll be serious now so here's a serious status report for you. If you want me to I can provide you with an update package later today. Some sort of present for you, because it's Christmas, right?

Working, but framework code not updated: LED
Not working, backports (hopefully) in progress: GPS
Not working, but known: Camcorder


Everything else is running stable for a few hours now.
Last edited by ali ba; 24th December 2010 at 03:05 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ali ba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2010, 12:22 PM |#5  
Adiost's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 473
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba

Please, don't release gingerbread before I do. That hurts my feelings.




No, I'll be serious now so here's a serious status report for you. If you want me to I can provide you with an update package later today. Some sort of present for you, because it's Christmas, right?

Working, but framework code not updated: LED

Not working, backports (hopefully) in progress: GPS, Camera

Not working but being investigated right now: media playback (all sorts of mp3, etc).


Everything else is running stable for a few hours now.

I will not, I'm gonna create a really stable rom, with all features working. So don't worry, I'll release gingerbread not before february
The Following User Says Thank You to Adiost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2010, 01:56 PM |#6  
ali ba's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
I know that I said I wouldn't have a present for you because that stuff is still not doing what I want (not at all!) and not near a release candidate.

But, well, who cares. Merry Christmas.


See, that's what you get when you make me sad: A ROM that doesn't work at all with lots of issues. Hah! Your fault!
Last edited by ali ba; 26th December 2010 at 11:17 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ali ba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2010, 02:16 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiost

I will not, I'm gonna create a really stable rom, with all features working. So don't worry, I'll release gingerbread not before february

One man show and you only need 2 months? pretty awesome compared to HTC...
24th December 2010, 02:45 PM |#8  
ali ba's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Yeah, too stupid to build sources correctly. Don't use that old version any more.
Last edited by ali ba; 26th December 2010 at 11:17 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ali ba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2010, 05:38 PM |#9  
TheGrammarFreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 688
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba

I know that I said I wouldn't have a present for you because that stuff is still not doing what I want (not at all!) and not near a release candidate.

But, well, who cares. Merry Christmas.


See, that's what you get when you make me sad: A ROM that doesn't work at all with lots of issues. Hah! Your fault!

Effing insane! Cheers man.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGrammarFreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2010, 06:21 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
thx Ali x100000
how long take for first boot? i wait more that 5 min .
Last edited by gyroing; 24th December 2010 at 06:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3, gingerbread, htc, legend
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes