CHTSLoco 1.10 - integrated in CHTS 2.30
And as far I know: The first App, which works indoors by a personal, private database of Cell- & WiFi-Combination. No GPS or Internet-Connection needed. For GSM & CDMA.
LocoReminder (new!) : Set a reminder text, if you are in a Location, where you need it.
I'm crazy but you like it... Loca Loca Loca... no... Loco... CHTSLoco
*Design of graphics by Bonito77 & Santod040
An ADD-ON for CHT (integrated in CHTS) - final Release 1.05 - well tested by CHTS Beta group
Also big Thanx to ebhoelzner for his great Sense SDK
Changelog Loco 1.10 (integrated in CHTS 2.30) :
- LocoReminder! You can add Reminders according to the Location. You will find it in left softkey menu of Loco: You can add any Message to any Location. If you reach this Location, you will be reminded by Loco. This is nice, only some examples:
... you go to supermarket later and want to be reminded to buy Bananas
... you must be reminded to do something in work, while you are anywhere else, so just write it there... next time at work, you will be reminded by Loco
.... or in the other way, if you have something to do at Home or so.
You will be reminded by Sense Message Box or by Notification Bubble (which you know from e.g. Appointments or missed SMS) - so as long as you don't close it, you can access this message by tapping on system tray. Also you can get a vibration for extra reminding.
It is quick accessible also by a new Quicklink.
... I think it's easy to understand... you will see
- Timed Switch now combinable with Location! In each profile, where you can define the times, you can now add up to 3 valid locations, where this switch shall occur. If you are not in one of the Locations at the time it shall switch - the time switch will be ignored. IF you come then a bit later to this Location, then CHTS will recognize this and will do this time switch later, when you really need it.
One example, for what this is nice: You define a usual time for work and only then you want Work4Me as PRofile. But you defined a Location "Work" as only allowed Location for Work4Me. So if you have free and you don't go to work, CHTS won't change to Work4Me. And if you come later to work, the time switch will be done then, if you arrive at work
Easy to configure and understand... but much possibilities
- New Manual for Loco - best practises. Informations how to configure Loco easily: *Manual for CHTSLoco - best practises for configuration (zipped)*
- Sense SDK 2.50 integrated. Thanx to ebhoelzner for this update. The UI of CHTS/SwitchGui/Loco works smoother and much fixes. There are some other little new issues with this new SDK, but there is always found a workaround, so you will "feel" the improvement
- Loco Locations can now be named in each Language! Reworked the whole database of Loco, so that this is possible now. Therefore this database is not compatible with 2.20, it is needed to reassign the Locations to Profiles in CHTS.
- New Quicklink:Loco Reminder. For the full list of all Quicklinks look to Post #3: -->to List of all Quicklinks & Toggles<--
- much fixes and internal improvements. Too much to list all the single things.
Changelog 1.00 summary:
- Please look into CHTS-Thread for more informations: CHTS with CHTSLoco-Downloads in Post #1
- Now responsible for CHTS-Profile-Switching
- Now very exact also indoors! Without GPS and without Internet connection.
- XCell-Concept to use additional services for exact localization
- Build personally for you a private WiFi-List, so that you know, where you are (uses also WiFi-Strenght for more exact positioning)
- much more settings-features, but also still easy to use
- CDMA-support by using MachCell
- MachCell also possible to use for GSM
- Renaming of Location possible now
- much more... you will see
Please read below the explainations for XCell & WiFi
Please read the prejudices before installing!
Also read Hints here and the FAQs in CHTS if you have any problem!
CHTSLoca is an easy-to-use-App, which can detect your Location because of GSM-CellTowers & WiFi-Access-Points and display them as CHT-Icon and is also responsible then for switching Profiles because of current Location in CHTS.
--> CHT v2 final (Link: Cookie's Home Tab v2)
--> CHTScheduler 2.16 or above (Link: CHTScheduler)
(in CHTScheduler-Thread is also to find the downloads for CHTSLoco and the new Freelink)
--> GPSMod / MachCell-Service: (Link: Mod Driver GPSMod / MachCell)
Now for GSM and CDMA-Devices! For CDMA you MUST use MachCell, for GSM you CAN use it
MachCell is provided free here at xda-delevelopers by Mach2003. IT's a great mod - for much much other useful things - so even if you use "Original Loco Methods" instead of MachCell - I can only recommend to use this great piece of software. The GPS is fixed, Compass is working better - and much more.
Loco supports all versions 3.20 and above (so also the both final Releases 3.20 and 3.40 of GPSMod)
Therefore that Loco 1.05 is integrated in CHTS 2.25-cab:
Installation instructions in CHTS-thread: CHTS with CHTSLoco-Downloads in Post #1
For Configuration of MachCell - please look in Post #2 of CHTS-Thread:
*CHTS/Loco-Configuration & FAQs*
Hints (important!) :
- Please use ONLY the sign a-z,A-Z,0-9 for Location Names, NO SPACES and no special signs (e.g. like "-", "!",...)
- If you had 0.85 xmas-beta installed: There it wasn't checked by Loco, so import could fail or CHTS-Saving. Please use Rename-Feature and rename the Location to an allowed name
- If you have any issues or you think, that Loco is running very often - please start the Logging of Loco in Settings. Look how often a file is created (each new file means, that Loco runs short. It's an application written in C, so very battery-/performance-friendly, but nevertheless it shouldn't run each minute)
- If Loco is quite slow in updating your Location (GSM), then please compare "original Loco method" and "GSM MachCell", what's running better for your location, device,...
- I anyway recommend MachCell/GPS - if you use it for Loco or not - it is an awesome App, which you will see also for all other Applications, which have Location Awareness, e.g. like GoogleMaps, Compass, Route Planner,...
General things about Cell Towers:
You see numbers "262-51217-337125693" (country-area-cell)
the first 3 digits is the country code. Please look in testing, if your country is recognized correct. Here's the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_network_code please look in column "MCC"
So if you e.g. see "220-..." it's Serbia, if "234-..." it's UK, if "262-..." it's Germany and so on
The second and thirds are country- and provider-specific. So the other things you see in the table, are not as easy too see - but also not important to know. Only important: if you are at the same place... you see the same cell tower(s)
General about integration in CHT:
You have already since CHT v2 this feature inside (I made it so already a longer time before, it was released then with CHT v2 by Co0kie)
So no additional battery drain in Lookup mode. Cell Towers doesn't need an GPS- or Internet-Connection to get this numbers.
They are not as exact as GPS - but to identify an area of 100-500 metres inside a town they are mostly good enough You will see.
The Icon, which shows the current location, is a simple new Quicklink/Freelink, which is automatically updated by location change.
Add the current tower to a location
Just tab on the top-level Panel of CHTSLoco (Location, where you see a "?"). You can choose a new name - or later add this location to an existing name
Bulk-Add of Towers in an Area
You will see, especially in town, that you have much more towers. So if you are working at office, it can be also 5-15 cells, which are seen. So it's good to switch to "record mode" (2nd-top-Panel "current mode")
In Record mode CHTSLoco looks always for new cells and saves it to this Panel.
E.g. if you are at work, just switch it on, exit CHTSLoco, and after a time (whenever) - switch it on and you see all recorded Cells. Then add them to the Location Name, and CHTSLoco will know in future, when you are at work.
Editing a location
You can (like in Pic above) add informations to a Location, which you have defined.
But most important: You can add here the representing picture of the location.
CHTSLoco comes with some great icons already - which are made by Bonito77.
(For Skinners: All png-Icons simply must have the prefix "chtsloco_" and are located in /windows. Names after the prefix is free)
Modes: off - lookup - record
off is simple: CHT is adviced by CHTSLoco not to recognize the cells
lookup: Here Loco waits, if CHT discovers a new cell and then it looks for your definitions and updates according your settings the quick-/freelink.
In Settings you can also define a value of timeout for Lookup - but it's only a minimum-timeout. The real timeout is defined by interaction of CHT & CHTSLoco, but it will be always somewhen after the minimum timeout.
Record mode: Here Loco overtakes the control from CHT to update the cell and updates definitely latest after this given timeout to record the current cell.
New Screenshots from Final 1.0x (click to upsize image) :
New for CHTSLoco 1.0x - the "personal-indoor-accuracy" :
You have now also the option to use "Wifi in XCell" - and this combination is the unique in Loco.
It's not difficult to understand - only "XCell" and "WiFi" must be explained:
This is the new trick to achieve it: You know from xmas-beta, that Loco can discover the cells, but sometimes the cells are not exact enough. e.g. if you are at friends in your home-town or neighbour r favorite places and so on.
Yes - neighbour... Loco is now as exact - if you do it intelligent... Loco can also make a difference between your Living room, sleeping room and kitchen (I only would assign a different profile to the rooms... otherwise your handy should never go to sleeping before you sleep )
So a XCell can be defined - simply in the Location or in the Current-Location-Menu.
And Loco knows, that it has to use another method, to identify the location than only the Cell.
WiFi (personal private Location recognition)
Yeah... WiFi is the second method now. The trick here is: It works indoors, and Loco is able to switch it on for 10 seconds to look for the Access Points and switch it off. All the same as like the cell - but you don't see the numbers like cells - you see the WiFi-Names.
Now you will say: Wifi-Names are not unique... right But internal Loco also uses the "Mac"-Adress of this AP... and this number is worldwide unique
So now you know, why a database is very difficult - because Wifi changes to often... so Google StreetView would have always to update their informations and the database is huge... but not for personal use... because Loco doesn't use an Internet--Service.. but it's internal your own database - because you only need to add the Wifi-AP's (AP=Access Point), which you need.
Now some examples:
If you want to use Wifi not everywhere, only in the Cells, where you have 2 or more different locations, which are of interest for you: Define each cell of this Location(s) as XCell. Also add the Cells to the most probable Location.
And run Loco in "Wifi only for XCells"-Mode.
Loco will now look for the Cells - and if it is an XCell, it will use Wifi, to look where you are.
If you want to make a difference of Friends or Neighbours: Just add the strongest AP's of your friend/neighbour to Loco. And your personal AP to your "Home" - and yeah: Loco could also see both, if you are at your neighbour - but Loco uses an internal Rating-System because of the Signal-Strengths of all visible AP's and will choose the correct Location. You mustn't do anything for it - Loco is quite intelligent.
If you want to make a difference between Kitchen/Living Room and so on...:
DON'T ADD your personal Wifi-AP to any Location. Add the strongest AP's of your neighbours in each Room. And if you have enough nice neighbours with AP's, Loco is able to detect in which Room you are
*great default Loco-Icons by Bonito77
- CHTSLoco autosaves your settings for each weekday. So you have 7 files always for restore. The have the names of your weekday in your language. If you re-install CHTSLoco (or after a flash), then Loco recognizes this and saves the lates auto-saved-file with suffix "_before_reinstall".
Nevertheless you should sometimes save manually your settings by menu.
- CHTSLoco won't change immediately to a new Location. It observes user activity and also Cell Tower stability and switches then.
- CHTSLoco is only the UI (User Interface) - the scanning App is written in C and is located also in windows. It only runs in interaction with CHT
- In Settings you can define a bit more things, e.g. how the Record-mode should look for new towers or if Loco should also sleep if you sleep (GoodNite-Profile of CHTS active)
- In Settings it's also defineable, if recorded cells should be removed from record list after adding and if you also want to record already known cells. Then you see in brackets the known recorded locations - so you can trace your way from e.g. work to home or so.
- If you have a provider with a "homezone", so that if you are inside this, you can phone for free or can be called via another static number, this also depends of the cell towers... so if you configure it for home, your Homezone-Icon is back now in Sense
- Your Language is setted in CHTS! CHTSLoco has a partially own language-file, but it also uses the language of CHTS. So e.g. you are from Germany, you need "language_german.txt" as well as "languageloco_german.txt" - both must have the same name after the underscore, if you start translating Loco.
As usual: I don't overtake any responsibility for any harm to your software or hardware - chtsloco is provided as it is. I wouldn't know, what can happen, but almost each developer writes this sentence in any way
Download-Links (all .cab's are located in CHTS-Thread) :
(please read installation instructions above)
CHTS with CHTSLoco-Downloads in Post #1
*Download CHTS 2.30 (Loco 1.10 integrated) *
(Link to CHTSLoco-Thread: CHTSLoco)
*Download CHT QUICKLINKS 0230*[/SIZE]
*Manual for CHTSLoco - best practises for configuration (zipped)*[/SIZE]