Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED][rom] gingerbread for droid

Tip us?

bmx24
Old
(Last edited by bmx24; 18th February 2011 at 03:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [UPDATED][rom] gingerbread for droid

well this is a port of gingerbread for the d1 (not the milestone) it runs very fast and i am just a reposter so i have not done this my self but i plan to work on this later when i get time

updated 2/17/11

bugs
nothing atm

what works
everything

download
on droid fourms
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bug...ild-gpa11.html

the developers website and download
http://www.peteralfonso.com/2011/02/...rbread_15.html

and flash this to get the correct gapps for gingerbread
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qeq77bgg8aui62

this rom is easley the fastest thing i have ever run on my droid just het launcher pro to get rid of launcher lag witch is there on the stock one

add119
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Word does it really work with camera?
what happen OpenGL ES 2.0 does this build include that?

bmx24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ya it works fine all 5 mp and it will record video

add119
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Does this have OpenGL ES 2.0 ZIP 3D ON THIS ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx24 View Post
ya it works fine all 5 mp and it will record video

bmx24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by add119 View Post
in not new to android by any means and i have no idea what that is lol wana explane and maby i could help u out i feel so noobish lol

add119
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
OpenGL ES 2.0 was publicly released in March 2007[1], eliminates most of the fixed-function rendering pipeline in favor of a programmable one. Almost all rendering features of the transform and lighting pipelines, such as the specification of materials and light parameters formerly specified by the fixed-function API, are replaced by shaders written by the graphics programmer. As a result, OpenGL ES 2.0 is not backwards compatible with OpenGL ES 1.1.

aka 3d and hd games play Opengl ES

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx24 View Post
in not new to android by any means and i have no idea what that is lol wana explane and maby i could help u out i feel so noobish lol

bmx24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
O ya ok now I know what u mean lol but its an api then it should be there I don't y not

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

Wagz513
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It works! This is fun, currently playing with this ROM paired with P3Droids lv250 1200mhz kernel. Runs extremely well all things considered.

Aside from the the bugs mentioned the only other issues I've found are
- Two seemingly identical stock gallery and email programs installed. Neither of which can be uninstalled via app manager.
- My computer does not see the phone when plugged in via USB and phone does not ask to connect to computer. I have not done anything with ADB yet.
- The phone will auto rotate horizontal when the keyboard is opened but will not rotate back when closed in some applications.

Ill post/edit if something new comes up

es0tericcha0s
Old
(Last edited by es0tericcha0s; 26th December 2010 at 12:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by add119 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagz513 View Post
It works! This is fun, currently playing with this ROM paired with P3Droids lv250 1200mhz kernel. Runs extremely well all things considered.

Aside from the the bugs mentioned the only other issues I've found are
- Two seemingly identical stock gallery and email programs installed. Neither of which can be uninstalled via app manager.
- My computer does not see the phone when plugged in via USB and phone does not ask to connect to computer. I have not done anything with ADB yet.
- The phone will auto rotate horizontal when the keyboard is opened but will not rotate back when closed in some applications.

Ill post/edit if something new comes up
Hi there. I'm the guy that put this little thing together. I did not build this myself/from source. I just happened to take a few things that were working on various builds and glue them together. It does play 3D games and what not, but since the accelerometer does not work, it doesn't really do a whole lot of good. I'm not sure exactly what OPENGL version it has, or how to check it, but if you point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can figure it out for you. (Found this in the Build.prop: # The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
# This is a 16.16 fixed point number
ro.opengles.version = 131072)

As far as the issues, they have been well documented in the original thread on DroidForums. Just to break them down for you though...

Broken:
1)GPS (which also causes browser and any other location finder service associated apps to close when attempting to locate.) You can use a different browser, or set home page to something other than Google.
2)Accelerometer. I'm assuming it is because there are some new sensors included in Gingerbread. I thought it might have something to do with the akmd file, but I've tried a few different ones with no luck...
3)USB Storage. This is an easy fix with an app in the Market place called Multi Mount SD. They have a free and paid version. Dual Mount also works. These are widgets and must be used as such.

As far as the "duplicate" apps, they are different versions of the same app and are easily removed with Titanium Backup.

Most likely, this is not your every day rom. I have been using it, because it's fun to run something you had a hand in making, but it's not considered stable. With that being said, it's the easiest to use rom that we have available and no other Motorola phones really have anything else better, so enjoy what we have.

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas / Insert whatever gives you warm and fuzzy feelings here.

PS. I am not a dev, so really can't trouble shoot anything too effectively. I've been trying different things to fix the issues, but have not had much luck. I was hoping some devs on DF would pick up on the interest in this project and be able to figure it out, but not much luck so far.

PSS. Definitely suggest flashing another kernel once you set the original rom up and do a nandroid. A lot of the 2.2 kernels work. I've had the most luck with Slayher interactive ones. Try a 1200 one. It's pretty quick...
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ilya11g
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Can you port it to Milestone please?

The Oldy Europe needs help because of Motorola's #&#$%!*^ support...

Software is a Dark Side of Motorola.

Tags
droid, gingerbread