[How-To] Flash Euro ROM on T-Mobile or ATT Samsung Galaxy Tab (w/ video)
ALRIGHT EVERYONE! IM WRITING IN CAPS SO THAT MEANS THIS IS IMPORTANT!
DUE TO SOME PROBLEMS THAT PEOPLE WERE HAVING (SPECIFICALLY THOSE WHO ARE FLASHING FROM A NON-STOCK TAB) I HAVE DECIDED TO PULL THE LINKS UNTIL WE GET A FOOL PROOF WAY OF FLASHING. THANKFULLY, ROTOHAMMER IS ALREADY WORKING ON THAT FOR US. I WILL UPDATE THIS ASAP.
REMEMBER FOLKS! DO NOT FLASH ANY FIRMWARES FROM SAMFIRMWARE.COM. FIRMWARES SUCH AS JMA, JMC, JMD ARE TO BE AVOIDED!! THIS COULD LEAD TO A BRICKED TAB.
I recommend everyone use Roto's files here:
You can use this tutorial to show you how to flash files in general, I wont rewrite this whole thing though. If your flashing his files you dont have to download any of mine. If you have questions about his JME firmware then post it THERE. If you used my tutorial (which should work on all Tmobile & ATT tabs) then you can get help here too.
If you are on a bone stock T-Mobile tab and would like to the files to flash then PM me.
Thanks to RotoHammer & everyone else who participated in getting this to work. Here is my video. I hope it helps.
Okay guys here is the much asked video about how to flash the euro firmware on your tab. This is only for ATT & T-Mobile. PLEASE DONT DO THIS ON THE VERIZON OR SPRINT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE. Please watch this video because the written portion will just be brief; I tried to make this as simple as possible. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR TAB BREAKS: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
1) Download all the files you need from here:
2) Turn off the Tab
3) Put the tab in download mode by holding the power button + volume down rocker simultaneously
4) Connect the tab to your WINDOWS machine. Sorry Macs!
5) Install the drivers; they are provided in the folder. If your on windows 7 the drivers will install themselves.
6) Launch the odin.exe (if you get an error about some missing .dll file then you need to install the Microsoft .Net framework from here):
7) Make sure there the yellow box says Com:#. the # will be different for everyone. As long as its yellow you are good!
8) Select the pit file from the folder provided
9) Select PDA and the file from the FIRST folder
10) Make sure re-partition is selected as well as the other two options
11) Flash your device; this will take about 3 minutes and you will get a green PASS
12) If your tab didnt reboot then manually reboot it
13) Your tab should be stuck at a blackscreen at this point, THIS IS NORMAL!
14) Go back into download mode (power button + down volume rocker)
15) Close Odin and open it back up
16) Make sure the yellow box is highlighted again and your tab is connected
17) Flash the file from the SECOND folder; using PDA option
18) MAKE SURE REPARTION IS NOT CHECKED
19) The flashing will take about 3 minutes
20) The system SHOULD reboot, if not, just hold the power button for 10 seconds
21) The tab will start up and you should be at the setup screen
IF YOUR TAB GETS STUCK AT THE SAMSUNG LOGO:
1) DONT PANIC!
2) Turn off the tab by pressing the power button for 10 seconds
3) Go into recovery mode (power button + UP volume rocker)
4) Let it boot
5) Select Wipe/Data Factory Reset
6) Press home button to select and keep hitting it till it wipes
7) Reboot and Enjoy!
New Updated Firmware:
How to install updated Firmware:
2) Repeat steps 14-21
Are you trying to get 3G working on your ATT tab? Go here:
Are you trying to get 3G working on T-Mobile Tab?
You cant....not yet.
Thanks to RotoHammer for his prerooted firmwares
Alright guys there has been some talk about using firmwares (from samfirmware) that are leading to bricked tabs. You can get the nitty gritty details here
but in summary...STAY AWAY FROM FIRMWARES NOT PREPARED BY TRUSTED XDA MEMBERS. I will only be posting updates that have been prepared by rotohammer. I'm happy to report that my packaged setup has gotten the rotohammer seal of approval and its 100% safe
Please stay on topic!
DONT FORGET THE THANKS BUTTON!