Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle App shortcut

Tip us?

Martimus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kindle App shortcut

My NC was rooted using the 12/25 Autonooter app! Pretty darn easy process to say the least! Thanks guys!

After completing all of the steps I went into the Android Market and downloaded the Amazon Kindle app. The app downloaded and installed onto my NC but it doesn't look like it created a shortcut in the Extras folder. Is there a defined process to do this?

I can launch the Kindle app from within the Market app but am hoping to find a way to launch it from somewhere other than the Android Market. I really don't want to install a third party launcher onto the NC so I'm hoping for a different solution. Anyone have any suggestions?

wvcachi
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martimus View Post
My NC was rooted using the 12/25 Autonooter app! Pretty darn easy process to say the least! Thanks guys!

After completing all of the steps I went into the Android Market and downloaded the Amazon Kindle app. The app downloaded and installed onto my NC but it doesn't look like it created a shortcut in the Extras folder. Is there a defined process to do this?

I can launch the Kindle app from within the Market app but am hoping to find a way to launch it from somewhere other than the Android Market. I really don't want to install a third party launcher onto the NC so I'm hoping for a different solution. Anyone have any suggestions?
Did you reboot, and then see if it shows up in Extras?
The Following User Says Thank You to wvcachi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Martimus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcachi View Post
Did you reboot, and then see if it shoes up in Extras?
Yup! Just figured that out... I rebooted the NC and there it was.

Apparently I had too much turkey to eat today as I'm a wee bit slow!

KeithRVA
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Install a custom launcher like LauncherPro and your apps will appear instantly in the app drawer without rebooting. Not to mention that it will make your NookColor much more awesome in every way.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

rajendra82
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithRVA View Post
Install a custom launcher like LauncherPro and your apps will appear instantly in the app drawer without rebooting. Not to mention that it will make your NookColor much more awesome in every way.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
I love ADW on the Nook. With all the scaling options it has, you can pack in quite a bit of information on each home screen. The app launcher is also very customizable, and the widgets can be manually scaled. It's almost like it was made for the Nook Color.