Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Firewall without root?

OP devil slime

26th December 2010, 04:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
hey so i was using droid wall but i updated to 1.72 on my DHD and sadly found out i cannot upgrade it. so now i need a firewall that works without root because android eats all my data plan.

any suggestions?
20th November 2011, 11:38 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Donetsk
Thanks Meter: 1
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
try App Shield
28th December 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
try Mobiwol - Firewall: No ROOT Required
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil slime

hey so i was using droid wall but i updated to 1.72 on my DHD and sadly found out i cannot upgrade it. so now i need a firewall that works without root because android eats all my data plan.

any suggestions?

Mobiwol is firewall application that use the VPN interface for firewalling (without actually connect you to any VPN server)
16th May 2013, 01:08 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilefirewall

Mobiwol is firewall application that use the VPN interface for firewalling (without actually connect you to any VPN server)

I advise not to use Mobiwol, since this application itself is a security risk. 3G watchdog reports approx 50MB per day WiFi traffic used by Mobiwol.
20th March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran_

I advise not to use Mobiwol, since this application itself is a security risk. 3G watchdog reports approx 50MB per day WiFi traffic used by Mobiwol.

From the mobiwol website:

Quote:

Why does Mobiwol top the data usage chart?

Itís an illusion. Mobiwol uses your deviceís VPN package to create a firewall. As every data packet sent or received by your apps passes through the VPN, all the incoming and outgoing data traffic gets attributed to Mobiwol.

The good part, however, is that Mobiwol now comes with its own Data Usage feature which allows you to check data usage for each app. To view the usage, choose Data Usage from the home screen.

mobiwol.com/faqs.html
The Following User Says Thank You to kbntk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes