[THEME]6/26-TransBlue Market update! (fixes for those with fc's)

26th December 2010, 06:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer / Contributor
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 762

1,970 posts
Donate to Me
More
6/26 FIXED
FC issues resolved, and tested for stability. Short update note in this post.

6/21-For those who have fc's, I've added a second link for each of the new TransBlue Markets. The only change is that I use the original, unedited Manifest. The downside is that the comments page will have a white background, but ALL of the other updates are still in play. 100% stable, guaranteed These versions have "og_manifest" at the end of their file names.

Quote:

6/18

I've recently made a revision to TransBlue (the most popular by far) At first the changes may seem minor, and visually they may not be the first things that pop out, but underneath there's actually quite a few changes. What I've strived for this time was to reduce the usage of public resources a little. I had already pretty much themed all that I could otherwise, so I started to edit the layout xml and (and a couple places in smali) to instead call new local resources I've added. Kind of a long process as it's a bit of trial and error for me (never done anything like it before really), but I think I've come to a decent point where I can release it.

This grew out of another project I'm working on for SGS2.
Screenshots courtesy of esk02k. Thank you! Also, thanks to fernando sor, who's pm exchanges instigated much of the research that led me to this revision.

And here's one showing the widget:

FLASH IN RECOVERY

Market2.3.6-TransBlue_v2.2.3BT.zip

Thanks everyone for your support, and a very special THANK YOU to those who've passed me a drink or two

4/18-Added TransGreen

4/16
Found the problem some had with the boxes in the app listings. The parent of one of the styles I use has a different id in froyo vs gingerbread. All is well now. I will endeavor to add trans-green and the regular blue as I can.

TransBlue has been updated just a bit to include some of the changes I introduced in TransRed so now both of these included my latest theming efforts

TransBlue_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransRed_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransGreen_v2.1-Market2.3.6.zip

The original non-transparent Blue version (pic below in 2nd post): BlueMarket2.3.6_v2.1.zip

If you feel inclined please use either the "Thanks" button below, or the "special" thanks button right above my avatar

Thanks everyone for your comments and a special thanks to those who've passed me a drink or two
Last edited by pendo; 27th June 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: update 2.3.6
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to pendo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2010, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 421

4,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo

Hello fellow XDA'ers,

I have themed the new market a little, the primary goal was to change from the green to a blueish theme. I've actually had this for a little while, but only posted it in my super circle thread. It was suggested that I start a new thread for it, as there may be some interested, that don't frequent the battery thread. Just about every image has been replaced.

Here's a shot:

The zip file below will place Vending.apk into your /system/app directory. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

===>NewMarket-pb-signed.zip<===

Thanks for looking

Hi Guy,
Downloading now. Don't know where everyone else is today Have always preferred Blue to green
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Docmjldds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2010, 07:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Brooklyn, NYC
Thanks Meter: 24

214 posts
More
hmm, still green...
26th December 2010, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Themer / Contributor
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 762

1,970 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmjldds

Hi Guy,
Downloading now. Don't know where everyone else is today Have always preferred Blue to green

Hey Doc, nice to see you again. Yeah, it's a little quiet but I'm not complaining I'm my own worst critic by far, but I'm actually pretty happy with this one. Don't think I'll make to many more changes, if any at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcng

hmm, still green...

Might want to try wiping your caches. Most of the big green header is not a drawable, but is constructed in smali believe it or not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pendo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2010, 08:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Mons, Belgium
Thanks Meter: 155

767 posts
More
Looks very nice!! Is this 2.2.6 or 2.2.7?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
27th December 2010, 12:05 AM   |  #6  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 421

4,197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo

Hey Doc, nice to see you again. Yeah, it's a little quiet but I'm not complaining I'm my own worst critic by far, but I'm actually pretty happy with this one. Don't think I'll make to many more changes, if any at all.

Might want to try wiping your caches. Most of the big green header is not a drawable, but is constructed in smali believe it or not.

Ugg..hate wiping caches but will try since mine is also green, but some stuff is blue. Weird.... Was about to install MicroMods V11 Gingerbread since I was getting bored again
Was happy to dig up a working GB Keyboard for him to use on the Desire-HD ROM. Seems all the prior GB Keyboards floating around caused FC's or some other weirdness. Found a post from a russian developer that said it would work on Sense Roms....and it did

PS...it's so nice not having memory issues anymore, sonce having my N1 replaced.

EDIT: No Go. I am using MicroMods Desire-HD ROM. New market works fine. I just wiped cache, and Dalvik-Cache, reflashed your file and the market is still green. Any thoughts?
Last edited by Docmjldds; 27th December 2010 at 12:19 AM.
27th December 2010, 12:34 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 39

714 posts
can you make this into a metamorph so i can just apply it like that

Also anyone find those wallpaper sub categories i have yet to see them
27th December 2010, 02:30 AM   |  #8  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,934

3,319 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looks awesome. I wiped Cache then flashed and it worked first shot.

My only issue is the text is slightly cut off.
27th December 2010, 04:36 AM   |  #9  
Flag Vegas & Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 567

8,066 posts
More
Like blue a lot...much better than the stock!
27th December 2010, 04:43 AM   |  #10  
Flag plantation , Florida
Thanks Meter: 17

449 posts
More
Is it safe to install ?

Sent From My Fully Rooted HTC Evo 4G Via XDA App.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread