[Q] Wants to overclock 1.2ghz for rom VIBRANT 9 eugene373??? how to?? HELP PLZ!

Search This thread

v1ck84

Dec 26, 2010
Hi i just switched to rom eugene373 vibrant9 but don't know how to overclock it to 1.2ghz with lagfix... i need help please this would def make my day and i will def return the favor in the future to people who don't know how to.... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7752834&postcount=463 i already read this page but i have no idea what is talking about.. can some one help me step by step how i can overclock it and also have lagfix on my new rom thank you merry x mas and happy new years! thank you!!!

v1ck84

Dec 26, 2010
xriderx66 what rom are currently on vibrant 9?? and DOW is not on the market....

Last edited:

v1ck84

Dec 26, 2010
is that kernel compatible with eugene373 vibrant9?? and do u install kernels just like roms?? with rom clockwork?? btw i am on eclair not froyo.... i need to know how i can install kernels if any1 can link me to a website or video on how to? thank you =D

Last edited:

v1ck84

Dec 26, 2010
btw im very thankful for all the info so far u guys are the best! i know noobs can get annoying at times but werent we all noobs at one point? haha thanks!

v1ck84

Dec 26, 2010
is 2.2 froyo suppost to be better?? i don't know myself because i am a noob =D
i am about to odin my phone right now lol.... anyways what's a great 2.2 rom out right now i heared axura is quite good... i also heared with 2.2 froyo GPS don't work =(

Last edited:

Drewstein

Sep 5, 2010
Az
www.notoriousmotors.com
is 2.2 froyo suppost to be better?? i don't know myself because i am a noob =D
i am about to odin my phone right now lol.... anyways what's a great 2.2 rom out right now i heared axura is quite good... i also heared with 2.2 froyo GPS don't work =(
I currently have Nero 3 and Axura 2.2VE and they're both great Roms. I'm going to stay with Axura for now because I find myself flashing every other day and that needs to stop lol.

2.2 should have no negative effect on your GPS and it's better optimised for our hardware making everything just faster. It also has other abilities like flash support etc.

If you want to run DOW from Team Whiskey then you should go with Nero 3 as they will be compatible.

My question now is why the desire to OC the phone to 1.2?

funeralthirst

Jul 11, 2010
Boise
tw core kernel should work with any 2.1 rom. i got decent battery life and performance with core.

as for 2.2 (which if you are flashing, i highly recommend going to a 2.2 rom), dow kills battery. i ran dow14bln with different nero versions (b2 and 3, and v1), and it would kill my battery in about 6 hours without even using the phone... but the performance was amazing.

just keep in mind that if you run a 2.1 rom you HAVE to use a 2.1 kernel, similarly 2.2 rom means you need a 2.2 kernel. and i'd get a rom/kernel combo working before thinking about adding in the potential headaches of a lagfix.

personally, i think nero v3 with the voodoo kernel is pretty good. not as fast as the 1.4ghz oc, but a good performance/battery life balance.

core can be found here: http://teamwhiskey.com/download.html
nero and dow can be found here: http://board.teamwhiskey.com/