How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Square Up?

OP KinkyMunkey

27th December 2010, 03:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag maryland
Thanks Meter: 5

22 posts
Has anybody tried the square up Credit Card Reader on this tablet? SquareUp.com?

I can't get it to work, But the sound in my tablet is Screwed up anyway.
27th December 2010, 03:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
Running vegan beta 3 here, unable to get square to work either. G tab recognizes the reader, but it just keeps asking to swipe the card again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyMunkey

Has anybody tried the square up Credit Card Reader on this tablet? SquareUp.com?

I can't get it to work, But the sound in my tablet is Screwed up anyway.

29th December 2010, 10:50 PM   |  #3  

15 posts
Just an update to anyone curious, I hooked up headphones while running the square app on my phone, and get no audio - doing the same on the g tablet, I hear audio pops constantly. If we can't get square to work on this, we'll be exchanging it for a galaxy tab (which is really too bad, otherwise we love the g tablet!)
-m.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
30th December 2010, 12:11 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
It doesn't work for me either, though I'm not really surprised. The kernels we're using on these tablets aren't exactly optimized for the hardware.

You shouldn't have any issues with the Galaxy tablet. Square works great with my Samsung Fascinate.
30th December 2010, 01:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 26

566 posts
dumb questions... what do you use "square up" for?
30th December 2010, 06:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag maryland
Thanks Meter: 5

22 posts
Square is a CreditCard reader that plugs into the headphone jack. It's basically the end of checks! for example - if you are selling something on craigs list you can take a credit card as payment, instead of taking a check that could bounce.

If your kids are running a lemon-aid stand, they could take credit cards! no monthly fees, no start up costs - just 2.8% + 15cents for swiped cards

It's really pretty amazing considering a new credit card machine would normally costs thousands of dollars
The Following User Says Thank You to KinkyMunkey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2010, 12:15 AM   |  #7  

15 posts
Well, since time is running out I think we'll switch to the Galaxy Tab. And yeah, I'm running a Vibrant Galaxy S, and my partner has an Epic - but it's just more convenient to have our customers signing on something bigger than our phones

Yeah, if you have any need for it, Square is great. The card reader just uses audio, so it can (technically) work on anything with a 3.5mm jack, it doesn't even give me access to the credit card information after I've swiped the card (protecting the purchaser). It emails you a receipt if you'd like, which contains a google map of where you made the purchase at.

I hope to be back with another Viewsonic G Tablet at some time though, great piece of hardware, and hands down the best early android tab out there, and viewsonic seems really dedicated to it as well. Despite me having Samsung, they're not the best in keeping up with Android OS updates.

-m.
22nd April 2011, 01:44 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
I am trying to load the Square up app on TNT lite but it won't show up in the market. Any idea how I need my device set up to make it appear?
22nd April 2011, 01:49 AM   |  #9  
Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
I am not aware of any machine costing that much.
My cc reader / swiper at my busines cost a couple of hundred.
22nd April 2011, 02:02 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Never mind, did the market fix again and now it works.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread