Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,827 Members 51,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I just can't get Market to work - "Server Unavailable. Please try again later"

Tip us?

Mastiff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default I just can't get Market to work - "Server Unavailable. Please try again later"

This is driving me crazy! Any solutions to this so far? I have tried Nootering (funny word!) the thing three times with different versions, but I get nowhere. Any help would really be appreciated!
Mastiff

xboxexpert
Old
Thanks Meter 1,144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
This is driving me crazy! Any solutions to this so far? I have tried Nootering (funny word!) the thing three times with different versions, but I get nowhere. Any help would really be appreciated!
Try using my tutorials and scripts I have 0 complaints or bricks to date.

Mastiff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
OK, I'll try that, thanks. So they are something that needs to be done after the new Auto Nooter version 25?
Mastiff

zappaziz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxexpert View Post
Try using my tutorials and scripts I have 0 complaints or bricks to date.
Seconded on this. Had the same issue on my first try (and I've rooted about every device Ive ever owned) and xboxexperts tut's definitely helped.

secfincorp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had that problem and had to register the unit with BN, search and you can find out how to reregister it with BN. I read somewhere where you can register with BN if you had this problem. try this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=register

Mikey
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,027

DONATE TO ME
This isn't the Q&A section or general section.

Apply your question(s) in the proper sub-forum, cause you picked the wrong one.
Posting in the wrong forum might result in a temporary vacation

Code:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus               Tablet: Google Nexus 7
ROM: PURITY JDQ39                         ROM: PURITY JDQ39
Kernel: AK Kernel Diamond ed.             Kernel: M-Kernel
Baseband: I925OUGLH1                      Bootloader: v4.18
Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0                   Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0

Mastiff
Old
(Last edited by Mastiff; 28th December 2010 at 08:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
xboxexpert, I have run your script (couldn't find any other tutorials amongst your posts, where are they?) and it installed a lot of fun stuff. But unfortunately I still have the same error on Android Market (Server unavailable. Please try again later.). But the Live Wallpapers work now, so thank you for that! I could never get those to work on the regular Nootering.

secfincorp, does that matter for the Android Market? I reran the wizard and it's already registered (I did that before the Auto Nootering, as you're supposed to do according to the instructions on Nootering). You sure you're not thinking about the Barnes & Noble bookstore instead of the Market? That doesn't work here anyway, only in the US.

Mikey1022, your colleague moved it after you closed it. But I would still say this is relevant for the Android development because it is a part of the Nootering process that doesn't work for everybody (I have seen others asking about the same thing in the Nootering thread, but the overwhelming lack of answers have made the others give up, it seems).
Mastiff

Mastiff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Talking SOLVED!!!!

At least for the Nooks part. It's something with my ISP that blocks the market. Gonna have to call them and find out what it is. I tried going outside the house firewall and got nowhere. Then I took it with me up in my family's small zoo shop, and it just worked at once! So there is something at the ISP level that's blocking me.

I'm sure it will be a walk in the park to find out that from the ISP's army of well trained technical experts...not! Gonna have to deal with underpaid idiots reading from a flow chart again. "Have you remembered to plug in your DSL modem? Have you tried to reset your modem? Do you have any cables connected to the modem that were not supplied by us?"
Mastiff

greenmky
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
At least for the Nooks part. It's something with my ISP that blocks the market. Gonna have to call them and find out what it is. I tried going outside the house firewall and got nowhere. Then I took it with me up in my family's small zoo shop, and it just worked at once! So there is something at the ISP level that's blocking me.

I'm sure it will be a walk in the park to find out that from the ISP's army of well trained technical experts...not! Gonna have to deal with underpaid idiots reading from a flow chart again. "Have you remembered to plug in your DSL modem? Have you tried to reset your modem? Do you have any cables connected to the modem that were not supplied by us?"
Could be firewall ports on your router are blocked maybe...are you sure the dsl modem doesn't have a built in router or something?

Mastiff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Nope, it's not. I have a three tier system:

1. First the Thompson 585 DSL modem which is set to bridge mode, so...

2: ...the Linux M0n0wall firewall controls the DSL connection. And I do of course have full control over the firewall in the M0n0wall, and even turning that completely off doesn't help. The M0n0wall connects...

3. ...to a Windows 2003 Server that is the main house server, and the firewall on RAS is disabled. Then a WLAN router (Netgear with DD-WRT Linux firmware) is connected to the server, and it gives wifi access to everything mobile and portable in the house. That's connected as a pure access point, with the WAN port configured as a LAN port and the firewall turned off.

That means that disabling the firewall protection on the M0n0wall turns off all kinds of firewall protection in the house, and I have tried that. I even tried connecting another wifi router as an access point directly to the M0n0wall, bypassing the Windows Server, and that did not change anything either. So I'm very sure this is a problem at my ISP.
Mastiff