Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I just can't get Market to work - "Server Unavailable. Please try again later"

OP Mastiff

27th December 2010, 05:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

790 posts
This is driving me crazy! Any solutions to this so far? I have tried Nootering (funny word!) the thing three times with different versions, but I get nowhere. Any help would really be appreciated!
27th December 2010, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nanuet NY
Thanks Meter: 1,149

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff

This is driving me crazy! Any solutions to this so far? I have tried Nootering (funny word!) the thing three times with different versions, but I get nowhere. Any help would really be appreciated!

Try using my tutorials and scripts I have 0 complaints or bricks to date.
27th December 2010, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

790 posts
OK, I'll try that, thanks. So they are something that needs to be done after the new Auto Nooter version 25?
27th December 2010, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxexpert

Try using my tutorials and scripts I have 0 complaints or bricks to date.

Seconded on this. Had the same issue on my first try (and I've rooted about every device Ive ever owned) and xboxexperts tut's definitely helped.
27th December 2010, 07:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

78 posts
I had that problem and had to register the unit with BN, search and you can find out how to reregister it with BN. I read somewhere where you can register with BN if you had this problem. try this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=register
27th December 2010, 08:33 PM   |  #6  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,063

5,523 posts
Donate to Me
More
This isn't the Q&A section or general section.

Apply your question(s) in the proper sub-forum, cause you picked the wrong one.
Posting in the wrong forum might result in a temporary vacation

28th December 2010, 08:58 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

790 posts
xboxexpert, I have run your script (couldn't find any other tutorials amongst your posts, where are they?) and it installed a lot of fun stuff. But unfortunately I still have the same error on Android Market (Server unavailable. Please try again later.). But the Live Wallpapers work now, so thank you for that! I could never get those to work on the regular Nootering.

secfincorp, does that matter for the Android Market? I reran the wizard and it's already registered (I did that before the Auto Nootering, as you're supposed to do according to the instructions on Nootering). You sure you're not thinking about the Barnes & Noble bookstore instead of the Market? That doesn't work here anyway, only in the US.

Mikey1022, your colleague moved it after you closed it. But I would still say this is relevant for the Android development because it is a part of the Nootering process that doesn't work for everybody (I have seen others asking about the same thing in the Nootering thread, but the overwhelming lack of answers have made the others give up, it seems).
Last edited by Mastiff; 28th December 2010 at 09:01 AM.
5th January 2011, 09:34 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

790 posts
Talking SOLVED!!!!
At least for the Nooks part. It's something with my ISP that blocks the market. Gonna have to call them and find out what it is. I tried going outside the house firewall and got nowhere. Then I took it with me up in my family's small zoo shop, and it just worked at once! So there is something at the ISP level that's blocking me.

I'm sure it will be a walk in the park to find out that from the ISP's army of well trained technical experts...not! Gonna have to deal with underpaid idiots reading from a flow chart again. "Have you remembered to plug in your DSL modem? Have you tried to reset your modem? Do you have any cables connected to the modem that were not supplied by us?"
5th January 2011, 11:03 AM   |  #9  
Flag Midland, MI
Thanks Meter: 7

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff

At least for the Nooks part. It's something with my ISP that blocks the market. Gonna have to call them and find out what it is. I tried going outside the house firewall and got nowhere. Then I took it with me up in my family's small zoo shop, and it just worked at once! So there is something at the ISP level that's blocking me.

I'm sure it will be a walk in the park to find out that from the ISP's army of well trained technical experts...not! Gonna have to deal with underpaid idiots reading from a flow chart again. "Have you remembered to plug in your DSL modem? Have you tried to reset your modem? Do you have any cables connected to the modem that were not supplied by us?"

Could be firewall ports on your router are blocked maybe...are you sure the dsl modem doesn't have a built in router or something?
5th January 2011, 11:11 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

790 posts
Nope, it's not. I have a three tier system:

1. First the Thompson 585 DSL modem which is set to bridge mode, so...

2: ...the Linux M0n0wall firewall controls the DSL connection. And I do of course have full control over the firewall in the M0n0wall, and even turning that completely off doesn't help. The M0n0wall connects...

3. ...to a Windows 2003 Server that is the main house server, and the firewall on RAS is disabled. Then a WLAN router (Netgear with DD-WRT Linux firmware) is connected to the server, and it gives wifi access to everything mobile and portable in the house. That's connected as a pure access point, with the WAN port configured as a LAN port and the firewall turned off.

That means that disabling the firewall protection on the M0n0wall turns off all kinds of firewall protection in the house, and I have tried that. I even tried connecting another wifi router as an access point directly to the M0n0wall, bypassing the Windows Server, and that did not change anything either. So I'm very sure this is a problem at my ISP.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread