CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Angry Tethering/Hotspot control

OP LoneMarauder

21st December 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
I have what probably is a strange request, but here goes:

I'm getting the kid a Galaxy S2 for Christmas - it costs just as much to add her to my plan as it does to buy the prepaid minutes for her

I need to know if there's an app out there that can "lock" the ability to use tethering and mobile hotspot. Yeah, I know she can just download a different tethering app from Google Play and use that, but I want to make it a little more difficult for her Ideally it would have a "schedule" where it can be locked out during certain times, or at the very least a "passcode" that can be entered to allow the access.

I'm not concerned with data usage, but at home I have the Wifi turn off at midnight so she'll actually go to bed, and I know if she can tether or use the hotspot she'll just do that and stay up and watch anime all night

So, is there something out there that can do this? My searches have been rather fruitless so far.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread