Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

DISCONTINUED - [ROM][21-04-2011][patch update] ElocityMod v1.42 for Elocity A7

OP Dexter_nlb

28th December 2010, 02:53 PM   |  #21  
Dexter_nlb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,492
 
5,336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev310

Does this rom support ad-hoc wifi tether?

i noticed elocity is not using the native ar6000 driver , so if they included the patched wpa_supplicant, then yes.. but i have not tested it.
28th December 2010, 03:19 PM   |  #22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidxRage

Yeah pretty much!... did you not have the SU issues with version 1.0? If not I'll just update to that. I can't get Bank of America or Tasker to install even using the build.prop from the ROM, there's something other than the fingerprint in this ROM making the magic happen.

Can anybody upload the "build.prop" file included in Mod 1.0?
28th December 2010, 03:51 PM   |  #23  
Dexter_nlb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,492
 
5,336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshi

Can anybody upload the "build.prop" file included in Mod 1.0?

i posted this in the other elocity thread yesterday.
look for build.zip attachment..
28th December 2010, 04:10 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Dexter... i did a full wipe and still had the su issue. I installed version 1.0 and added the superuser application from the market and it works perfectly. I dunno, but seeing this device never needed su out of the box maybe something with the way you added it to the rom in 1.0a.

Nisshi - imo you're better off running version 1.0 whereas even after modifying build.prop on the official build it still couldn't download all my apps. 1.0 seems perfect. I'll look for the link for you.
28th December 2010, 04:15 PM   |  #25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Here's the link for 1.0 with full gapps and working SU: http://dext3r.komodin.org/ElocityA7/ElocityModv10.zip

And build.prop if you still want it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1293480448

28th December 2010, 04:16 PM   |  #26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Which file to download?
Already upgraded to12/24 build PBJ8000.2.0121 - which file to download v1.0 or v1.0a? All I want is Market - can I avoid the SU install and the problems? Thanks
28th December 2010, 04:34 PM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidxRage

Here's the link for 1.0 with full gapps and working SU: http://dext3r.komodin.org/ElocityA7/ElocityModv10.zip

And build.prop if you still want it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1293480448

Post right above yours bud. Use 1.0 imo, first link there is Dexter's first version without the SU issues. Full market and gapps. Remember to factory reset before updating. It is based off the new update also.
28th December 2010, 04:36 PM   |  #28  
hoagm's Avatar
Member
Flag Wichita, KS
Thanks Meter: 4
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

im a little confused..

i added the "su" command to the build, it never was there...

I've been using "su" since it came out of the box. Not sure what you mean by "it never was there".
28th December 2010, 04:41 PM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoagm

I've been using "su" since it came out of the box. Not sure what you mean by "it never was there".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidxRage

Dexter... i did a full wipe and still had the su issue. I installed version 1.0 and added the superuser application from the market and it works perfectly. I dunno, but seeing this device never needed su out of the box maybe something with the way you added it to the rom in 1.0a.

Exactly my point. Something was added in 1.0a to cause this since 1.0 was fine.
28th December 2010, 04:54 PM   |  #30  
Dexter_nlb's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,492
 
5,336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoagm

I've been using "su" since it came out of the box. Not sure what you mean by "it never was there".

ok, something crossed my mind now.. i put "su" always in /system/bin and im quite sure your "su" is located in /system/xbin now, so thats why my superuser.apk also fails as its made for this version and your su is not. or simply the su in /system/xbin has no suid 0 set.

edit:
ok, i was right. in xbin folder another SU was found, so that one is not compatible with this superuser.apk..
its fixed and im uploading a hopefully perfect 1.0b now.
Last edited by Dexter_nlb; 28th December 2010 at 05:08 PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom, elocity a7, googleapps, rooted
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes