Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DISCONTINUED - [ROM][21-04-2011][patch update] ElocityMod v1.42 for Elocity A7

Tip us?

Dexter_nlb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev310 View Post
Does this rom support ad-hoc wifi tether?
i noticed elocity is not using the native ar6000 driver , so if they included the patched wpa_supplicant, then yes.. but i have not tested it.
Remember to press THANKS, if you liked my help or builds.
Hardware: Galaxy Note II * LG Optimus 4X * Elocity A7 * HTC Flyer/Wifi * ASUS TF201/Prime
LG Optimus 4X HD - 4X ClockWorkMod - O4X CustoNexus - O4X Sense4
HTC Flyer - ICSSense OneXXL -Flyer JellyBean * Tattoo - TatFroyoSense * Elocity A7 - ElocityMod

nisshi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidxRage View Post
Yeah pretty much!... did you not have the SU issues with version 1.0? If not I'll just update to that. I can't get Bank of America or Tasker to install even using the build.prop from the ROM, there's something other than the fingerprint in this ROM making the magic happen.
Can anybody upload the "build.prop" file included in Mod 1.0?

Dexter_nlb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshi View Post
Can anybody upload the "build.prop" file included in Mod 1.0?
i posted this in the other elocity thread yesterday.
look for build.zip attachment..
Hardware: Galaxy Note II * LG Optimus 4X * Elocity A7 * HTC Flyer/Wifi * ASUS TF201/Prime
HTC Flyer - ICSSense OneXXL -Flyer JellyBean * Tattoo - TatFroyoSense * Elocity A7 - ElocityMod

DroidxRage
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Dexter... i did a full wipe and still had the su issue. I installed version 1.0 and added the superuser application from the market and it works perfectly. I dunno, but seeing this device never needed su out of the box maybe something with the way you added it to the rom in 1.0a.

Nisshi - imo you're better off running version 1.0 whereas even after modifying build.prop on the official build it still couldn't download all my apps. 1.0 seems perfect. I'll look for the link for you.

DroidxRage
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Here's the link for 1.0 with full gapps and working SU: http://dext3r.komodin.org/ElocityA7/ElocityModv10.zip

And build.prop if you still want it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1293480448

solorider05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Which file to download?

Already upgraded to12/24 build PBJ8000.2.0121 - which file to download v1.0 or v1.0a? All I want is Market - can I avoid the SU install and the problems? Thanks

DroidxRage
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Here's the link for 1.0 with full gapps and working SU: http://dext3r.komodin.org/ElocityA7/ElocityModv10.zip

And build.prop if you still want it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1293480448

Post right above yours bud. Use 1.0 imo, first link there is Dexter's first version without the SU issues. Full market and gapps. Remember to factory reset before updating. It is based off the new update also.

hoagm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb View Post
im a little confused..

i added the "su" command to the build, it never was there...
I've been using "su" since it came out of the box. Not sure what you mean by "it never was there".

DroidxRage
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoagm View Post
I've been using "su" since it came out of the box. Not sure what you mean by "it never was there".
Quote:
Dexter... i did a full wipe and still had the su issue. I installed version 1.0 and added the superuser application from the market and it works perfectly. I dunno, but seeing this device never needed su out of the box maybe something with the way you added it to the rom in 1.0a.
Exactly my point. Something was added in 1.0a to cause this since 1.0 was fine.

Dexter_nlb
Old
(Last edited by Dexter_nlb; 28th December 2010 at 04:08 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoagm View Post
ok, something crossed my mind now.. i put "su" always in /system/bin and im quite sure your "su" is located in /system/xbin now, so thats why my superuser.apk also fails as its made for this version and your su is not. or simply the su in /system/xbin has no suid 0 set.

edit:
ok, i was right. in xbin folder another SU was found, so that one is not compatible with this superuser.apk..
its fixed and im uploading a hopefully perfect 1.0b now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
custom rom, elocity a7, googleapps, rooted