Unroot reflash after unrevoked3 and 3.29.651.5 hboot 0.97.0000
Still in the process of flashing, but here is my fun experience of trying to un-root and having tried about 6 different methods I had an idiot savant moment and figured this out.
As the subject explains I had official 3.29.651.5 hboot 0.97.0000 that I used unrevoked 3.21 to root with clockworkmod 2.5 as the custom recovery.
I was trying to follow these instructions:
countless others of flashing a pc36img.zip to restore a ruu version.
The problem with the first set of instructions is that I would get an Error 170 USB connection when the phone would reboot to the HTC bootloader.
The problem with the second set of instructions was that I kept getting an error of main version is older when trying to update from the recover power+vol down.
So what I got to finally work is:
download HTC Sync 2.40
Download from http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic
Windows 7 x64 Pro
1. Turn off the phone and power up using vol down + power
2. Start the RUU_SuperSonic installer and complete the first 2 check boxes and next. Once the box displays that its checking your phone for android version hit the first option which is fastboot
3. If it kick over to it fastboot usb since its still connected to the computer
4. If it gets to the USB Error connect on the PC, start over at 2 and try a different option under fastboot. I am not for certain if I hit boot loader under fastboot or not It took a few tries to get it to start the push from the PC.
5. Let it do its thing and it should complete the flash process like normal.
Downloading and updating to 3.70.651.1 right now.