[BATT w/ CASE-MOD] Mugen 4500mAh, Seidio Rugged xtended w/Pics 50+hr uptime!

Search This thread

jrb7561

Feb 8, 2011
This is a cool thread. I have the 3500mh Seidio battery and I really don't have any issues with battery problems anymore. Especially using various battery mods and such. But hell, this is America where we're never satisfied. Why have only 3500mh when you can have 4500mh right? ;)

Amco

Jul 16, 2010
Earth
I just got in the 3500 and love it, I wished we had more information on the 4500mah battery.

Techronico

Mar 1, 2009
Santa Clara
Update 3/10/2011:
MUGEN 4500 MAH Battery Info for EVO
Source Link: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com
Just get the one for the Touch Pro 2 because it is the same Battery spec (Thank you HTC for keeping good specs across phone models). :D
I recommend getting directly from Mugen because you never know what happens on eBay. I got some bunk Seidio 3500s from there.

Seidio Innocase Rugged Extended Info for EVO
Source Link: http://www.seidioonline.com
I recommend the holster too.

Details and Info Misc:

Update
I'm running CM7 with Savaged-Zen 1.2 CFS kernel. I get significantly more usage than the 3500mAH Seidio.

Updated OP with info on current OS and Kernel. Along with source links for the Battery and Case!

Techronico

Mar 1, 2009
Santa Clara
Updated op again with more part numbers, links, instructions, recommendations. The Mugen Battery is pricey but WORTH IT!!! You will beat the iPhone battery by far....

Amco

Jul 16, 2010
Earth
The few Mugen batteries tested on batterybro.org have tested really bad, that's why I commented previously that I won't mind having it tested. I'm using the 3500mah Seidio and I'm getting wonderful battery life.

slackwaresupport

Dec 24, 2008
Memphis, TN
i installed nets kernel, set ondemand on setcpu.. fully charged it night before last, has been off charger all day yesterday, all night, and titanium backup came on to do the backup routine last night so the screen was on all night, and i have it says: 56% 26hrs left.

Techronico

Mar 1, 2009
Santa Clara
i installed nets kernel, set ondemand on setcpu.. fully charged it night before last, has been off charger all day yesterday, all night, and titanium backup came on to do the backup routine last night so the screen was on all night, and i have it says: 56% 26hrs left.

What are your current results? Have they changed at all since this post? Better or worse.

Techronico

Mar 1, 2009
Santa Clara
Updated OP with new pics...

Also, the only way to get the results you are looking for with this battery is with an SBC kernel or external charger or charge with phone off.

SBC is the lesser hassle unless your phone blows up or catches fire or turns radio active.

oOflyeyesOo

May 27, 2010
St louis
I really wish someone would run some of the same tests that battery boss does so we can figure out how much capacity this battery really has, because I would be really interested in it if it is at least 4200+.

Techronico

Mar 1, 2009
Santa Clara
I don't care about battery boss' tests (no disrespect). Ill begrudgingly have to take the Crapple Fanboy approach and say their motto "It just works". This is with the understanding that you will have to use an SBC Kernel... (though don't get into that discussion here please).

Although if someone can prove that I've been hallucinating the 50+ hr battery life then bring it (in a professional/respectful manner).

EDIT: oh and one more thing, I don't do any OC/UC to gain additional battery life (though I am interested in it but haven't found a good thread to learn from start to finish)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MUGEN 4500 MAH Battery Info for EVO
    Source Link: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    Just get the one for the Touch Pro 2 because it is the same Battery spec (Thank you HTC for keeping good specs across phone models). :D
    Search for the following PNs (They are the same battery. Only difference is the battery door which you will toss anyway)
    HLI-T7373XL
    HLI-XV6875EX
    HLI-T7380EX

I recommend getting directly from Mugen because you never know what happens on eBay. I got some bunk Seidio 3500s from there.

Seidio Innocase Rugged Extended Add On Kit Info for EVO
    Source Link: http://www.seidioonline.com
    I recommend the BD2-HK4HEV4X add on kit because you will not use the Innocase Extended but rather just the Rugged Silicon Layer and The Exoskeleton. The kit comes with the holster too. This is a $20 savings because you cut out a useless layer anyway.

Details and Info Misc:

I get significantly more usage than the 3500mAH Seidio extended battery.

The kernel and the battery are definately a good mix.

Instructions:
    Also, I recommend you cut the original back cover rather than the extended cover (if you have the 3500). The original battery will still be held in place if you ever need to use it (as long as you cut it right).

Question: Who is using the Mugen 4500mh battery? Just looking for some feedback. Positives and negatives. I've only seen positive results but would like some more feedback.

UPDATED PICS!!