Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Rooting your Samsung Intercept the Easy Way

Tip us?

qipengart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Wink [HOWTO] Rooting your Samsung Intercept the Easy Way

Well, a lot of places are listing difficult methods to root their Sprint/Virgin Mobile (which I have) Samsung Intercept. Here is an easy way I discovered:

1) Download the Samsung Intercept drivers at: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...SPH-M910ZKASPR
2) Install the drivers for your computer (XP/Vista)
3) Download and install the SuperOneClickRoot 1.5.5 (latest version) at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682
4) Run the SuperOneClickRoot program after enabling USB debugging mode on your Samsung Intercept which is plugged into your USB port.
5) Viola, your Intercept will be rooted now.

If you have the Virgin Mobile version then you will have the cheapest unlimited wifi/USB tethering option ever!

Enjoy...
HTC Amaze ([ROM] Viper Amaze 1.7.2.3 [Aroma][ Android 4.0.4 | ICS | Sense 4.1]); Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on T-Mobile (stock)

Married to ReallyBigPeach happily.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qipengart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snoopyrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default one stop root

I have followed these instruction, however after Dling the lastest version 1.5.5 When i click root it just stops responding.?. I have debugging on tried the turn debugging off and back on none seem to work for my intercept. Using win7 any elp for my noob azz would be appreciated :}

henrydcc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default one question?

i want to know if this way works. I put the application in the micro sd, the search in androzip and install, work or not. I did so in the hero and it worked fine whit another application similar to this.

qipengart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I havent tested this method on Windows 7 but it worked perfectly on my Windows XP SP3 machine.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App
HTC Amaze ([ROM] Viper Amaze 1.7.2.3 [Aroma][ Android 4.0.4 | ICS | Sense 4.1]); Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on T-Mobile (stock)

qipengart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Did you make sure to install the drivers first?

qipengart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Also you wouldn't run this program from the card itself...

AndroidSamurai
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
This is one way, but there is an alternative and in my opinion "easier" way of achieving "Temporary Root"...

There is an app called Z4root and the author of this app is one of our very own. Please thank z4ziggy and Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage because if it wasn't for them it would not be possible...

Navigate HERE to see the details and the download. It is very simple and as I have figured out, only the "Temporary Root" option works on the Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept at this time.

Once the app is installed just click temporary root and you have root until your device is rebooted...

Have Fun and Be Safe!
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidSamurai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henrydcc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default question

this if for android 2.1 version or for 2.2 version?

qipengart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Android 2.1 version. Unfortunately I just found out that I got only temporary root this easy way so apparently the settings didn't stick after I rebooted my phone

qipengart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I would recommend the z4root option above
Temporary root only. Does Sprint version get permanent one?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Tags
hack, intercept, root, samsung, wifi tethering