Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is your Dell Venue Pro crashing frequently (once or more per day)?
Frequent crashing, 16GB model, less than 14GB available storage remaining 38 34.23%
Frequent crashing, 16GB model, more than 14GB available storage remaining 12 10.81%
Frequent crashing, 8GB model, less than 6.5GB available storage remaining 1 0.90%
Frequent crashing, 8GB model, more than 6.5GB available storage remaining 3 2.70%
No frequent crashing, 16GB model, less than 14GB available storage remaining 27 24.32%
No frequent crashing, 16GB model, more than 14GB available storage remaining 3 2.70%
No frequent crashing, 8GB model, less than 6.5GB available storage remaining 19 17.12%
No frequent crashing, 8GB model, more than 6.5GB available storage remaining 8 7.21%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Vote on whether your Dell Venue Pro is crashing frequently

Tip us?

pjfan75
Old
(Last edited by pjfan75; 28th December 2010 at 09:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Vote on whether your Dell Venue Pro is crashing frequently

Trying to see if there's something in common with those who are experiencing lock ups.

937dytboi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
My crashes arent frequently but it has happened a few times

sureloch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Seem like I am having some crashing, though it seems to be dependent on using data service with little or no 3G reception. 16gb Model.

gshocker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My units is not crashing all the time but it does it at least once a day which is bad. It seems to be when trying to switch between using cell network and WiFi. Would be nice if it was fixable with firmware.

notebookgrail
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Mine hasn't crashed so far. I tried downloading Harvest Game and it went fine over wifi. Tried heavy browsing with music in bgrnd and that too was fine. Only issue was the Bluetooth not communicating to the car properly. Its been a week now.

gauravr88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ive crashed only once, which was in the newsroom app, i was also updating marketplace one time and instead of crashing it would just take me back to the start menu..

domineus
Old
Thanks Meter 118
mine has been crashing quite a bit...16 gig less than 14 gig available...
DVP USERS! DONATE TO GET CHRIS WALSH A DVP SO WE CAN FINALLY GO NATIVE!!! GO HERE AND DONATE!!!!!!

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
In the first 36 hrs I had the phone, I spent at least half of it in the PC connect screen. The phone would not boot...well..sometimes. Then it would boot by itself...reboot rather.

I called MS, ZUNE support. They helped walked me through some basic steps. Apparently I was touching the side buttons, camera, volume down, while powering up. Not sure if this was true, but dam they could reproduce the PC connect everytime. Since that call, I was more careful about powering up and have had no problems since.

I do get a lag in IE on WiFi, sometimes, not often, but daily. I found a web page that always sends me back to the desktop.

But crashing.....I have to be honest and admit that most of the crashes...if not all, in the first 36 hrs, probably were user errors. Now, I'm not a novice. I own more smartphones than most people on this forum. And if the phone buttons are that sensitive, then something is not right. However, since I've grown accustomed to the button layout and sensitivity, I've not had a single malfunction.

I've also recognized that certain apps are prone to causing, umm....unexpected results. Maybe instead of voting on crashes...we should keep a list of app suspects....
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes

palmbluetooth
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I got 2 units.
The first one had the Wifi issue and was constantly crashing.
The second one the Wifi is good, and it never crashed.

Maybe is related?

937dytboi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
It seems to me that my device crashes a lot when my Wifi is on