Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Is your Dell Venue Pro crashing frequently (once or more per day)?
Frequent crashing, 16GB model, less than 14GB available storage remaining 38 34.23%
Frequent crashing, 16GB model, more than 14GB available storage remaining 12 10.81%
Frequent crashing, 8GB model, less than 6.5GB available storage remaining 1 0.90%
Frequent crashing, 8GB model, more than 6.5GB available storage remaining 3 2.70%
No frequent crashing, 16GB model, less than 14GB available storage remaining 27 24.32%
No frequent crashing, 16GB model, more than 14GB available storage remaining 3 2.70%
No frequent crashing, 8GB model, less than 6.5GB available storage remaining 19 17.12%
No frequent crashing, 8GB model, more than 6.5GB available storage remaining 8 7.21%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Vote on whether your Dell Venue Pro is crashing frequently

OP pjfan75

28th December 2010, 10:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

143 posts
Trying to see if there's something in common with those who are experiencing lock ups.
Last edited by pjfan75; 28th December 2010 at 10:45 PM.
29th December 2010, 01:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 11

396 posts
More
My crashes arent frequently but it has happened a few times
29th December 2010, 01:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1

79 posts
More
Seem like I am having some crashing, though it seems to be dependent on using data service with little or no 3G reception. 16gb Model.
29th December 2010, 02:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2

64 posts
More
My units is not crashing all the time but it does it at least once a day which is bad. It seems to be when trying to switch between using cell network and WiFi. Would be nice if it was fixable with firmware.
29th December 2010, 02:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 43

425 posts
More
Mine hasn't crashed so far. I tried downloading Harvest Game and it went fine over wifi. Tried heavy browsing with music in bgrnd and that too was fine. Only issue was the Bluetooth not communicating to the car properly. Its been a week now.
29th December 2010, 05:20 PM   |  #6  
chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
ive crashed only once, which was in the newsroom app, i was also updating marketplace one time and instead of crashing it would just take me back to the start menu..
29th December 2010, 05:44 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 118

1,918 posts
mine has been crashing quite a bit...16 gig less than 14 gig available...
29th December 2010, 07:31 PM   |  #8  
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 85

1,345 posts
More
In the first 36 hrs I had the phone, I spent at least half of it in the PC connect screen. The phone would not boot...well..sometimes. Then it would boot by itself...reboot rather.

I called MS, ZUNE support. They helped walked me through some basic steps. Apparently I was touching the side buttons, camera, volume down, while powering up. Not sure if this was true, but dam they could reproduce the PC connect everytime. Since that call, I was more careful about powering up and have had no problems since.

I do get a lag in IE on WiFi, sometimes, not often, but daily. I found a web page that always sends me back to the desktop.

But crashing.....I have to be honest and admit that most of the crashes...if not all, in the first 36 hrs, probably were user errors. Now, I'm not a novice. I own more smartphones than most people on this forum. And if the phone buttons are that sensitive, then something is not right. However, since I've grown accustomed to the button layout and sensitivity, I've not had a single malfunction.

I've also recognized that certain apps are prone to causing, umm....unexpected results. Maybe instead of voting on crashes...we should keep a list of app suspects....
30th December 2010, 05:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

148 posts
I got 2 units.
The first one had the Wifi issue and was constantly crashing.
The second one the Wifi is good, and it never crashed.

Maybe is related?
30th December 2010, 07:48 PM   |  #10  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 11

396 posts
More
It seems to me that my device crashes a lot when my Wifi is on

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread