XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WIFI Analyzer and non-sense roms

Tip us?

perknite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Default WIFI Analyzer and non-sense roms

First I want to thank the devs for their work. Without you guys we would not get to enjoy the many flavors of "Frozen Yogurt" on the Slide.

I have used CR_Mod and 3rd Sense longer than any other roms. The reason? Because WIFI Analyzer works on those two roms. The app has been useful when performing quick and dirty wireless network tweaks on the job. The issue I run into with all of the other roms on the Slide is that the device cannot detect what channel the network is broadcasting on.

Again, this only happens on non-sense froyo roms (as far as I can tell... have not used non-sense 2.1). Does anyone else use this app? If so, have you run into this issue? My fear is that it is driver related, and official source froyo for the Slide will be necessary to fix it.

Anaway, please chime in... even if it is to tell me I'm th only nerd that uses this app.

Sent from my Cyanogingered myTouch Slide using the XDA app

perknite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
So I am the only nerd... I see. Anyone care to take a guess as to the cause?

perknite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Oops... while reading the recent CM 6 wifi fix I think I just bumped my head (lol).

Anyone, anyone (in my best Ben Stein voice).

fermunky
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I have not tried using it yet, but I am running the latest CM nightly (212). I could test this out tonight when I get back from the office. Have you already applied the CM Wifi Fix?
Current:
Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)
ROM: Official stock JB from T-Mobile
Recovery: Stock

Tablet: Acer Iconia A500
ROM: CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1 by waydownsouth
Recovery: Thor's 1.7 Touch Recovery of CWM

If I do not Thank your thread, it's because of the XDA Classic forum theme, sorry...

perknite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermunky View Post
I have not tried using it yet, but I am running the latest CM nightly (212). I could test this out tonight when I get back from the office. Have you already applied the CM Wifi Fix?
Thanks for checking it out, fermunky. I actually did try the wifi fix. My wifi worked fine before (with this small exception). Same thing after the fix. It's not that big of a deal. More of a convenince than a necessity, as my wifi works fine otherwise. It is a sad indicator of the slow htc espresso development, however.

fermunky
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Well, as mentioned I can try it when I return home. My company heavily enforces the rule of using absolutely no wifi in our building, and I like my job Is the app just Wifi Analyzer in the market for free?
Current:

If I do not Thank your thread, it's because of the XDA Classic forum theme, sorry...

perknite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Well, as mentioned I can try it when I return home. My company heavily enforces the rule of using absolutely no wifi in our building, and I like my job Is the app just Wifi Analyzer in the market for free?
Of course! I refrain from wifi at work also. It is in fact "Wifi Analyzer" and it is free in the market.

fermunky
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Well, not sure exactly what you're looking for, I chose to view the Channel Rating, and selected my AP. Strangely, it says Current Channel: 0 and of course no rating, but it does list all 14 channels and their respective ratings. Anything specific you want me to try?
Current:

perknite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Well, not sure exactly what you're looking for, I chose to view the Channel Rating, and selected my AP. Strangely, it says Current Channel: 0 and of course no rating, but it does list all 14 channels and their respective ratings. Anything specific you want me to try?
That's the problem I was pointing out... "Current Channel: 0". The reason it stood out to me was because when I go to an office and want to quickly check the network I have no idea what channel its broadcasting on. Of course its not that big of a hassle to open my laptop, but when I switched to non-sense roms it was annoying. Glad to know its not just my device. I just flashed the the 3rdSense update and now it works perfectly (shrugs shoulders).

Sent from my 3rdSensed myTouch Slide using the XDA app

fermunky
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Glad I could help. I am running CM6 nightly 212 with the Wifi fix mentioned earlier, just for reference.

I should also mention though that the wifi fix doesn't appear to have helped any. But at the same time, I am using the standard Linksys wrt54g, thats about 4 years old now, so probably time for an update/upgrade.
Current: